Waters Closed - Foot & Mouth

Guest Elton

Guest Steve Burke

Fishing on Westbere will be allowed up until the end of the season, to-morrow. However, thereafter the footpaths around the lake will be closed to members and the public alike. All closed season work will be carried out by boat.

Guest Elton

From Bob Carlson:

I did not notice a reference to the Kent (Westmorland) Angling Association waters in your list of closed waters so I assume that the Association have yet to move into new technology. All their waters including the River Kent and tribuaries plus Killington Reservoir are closed until further notice,

Regards

Bob Carlson

Carlsons Fishing Tackle. http://www.carlsons.co.uk

Guest Elton

From Dave:

Elton i know for a fact that Stanborough lake in Welwyn Garden City is closed, so is carthagena lake in Hoddesdon Herts, and the whole of the Lea Valley.

It's getting hard to find somewhere open in Herts.

Guest Mike Hobbs.

Bristol Water have announced a postponement of the start of the Trout season until the 2nd April on the recommendation of MAFF.

The season was due to start March 22nd.

The new date is not definate. More details availble on www.chewvalleylake.org.uk

Guest Nick Adams

Heyford Fishery, Northants is closed until further notice. Contact fishery on 01327-340002 for updated info.

Guest Elton

From Single Tone:

Here are some of the waters closed in the Surrey/Hampshire area.

Frensham Big Pond

Frensham Small Pond

Cut mill/Tarn

Lodge pond

Stillwater

All waters that are on public footpaths or near farm land are also closed

Both Mill Lane and Bagshot Pond are still both open all these water are Farnham angling waters.

Guest Elton

From John Coombs:

Just to inform you that all waters leased or owned by Merthyr Tydfil Angling Association are closed except for Cyfarthfa Park Lake (Coarse) and the River Taff (Trout) from where the Taff Fechan and Taff Fawr join to the weir in Aberfan, about 5 miles.

John Coombs

Guest Elton

I'm now closing this thread to concentrate on waters that are OPEN.

Tight lines,

Elton

------------------

Anglers' Net

Keeping It Virtual...