Keeping Lob Worms

JackPike

I am off to pick my lad up from his work soon and at that place there are some nice lobworms last time I collected some they all rotted on me so whats the best way to keep them for a few days?

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

Make sure the soil/medium is PH neutral. Lobworms don't adjust to variations in acidity. You may be best going for large dendrobes. They can tolerate changes in acidity without much fuss and they can grow to sizes equal to that of Lobworms if you follow Jeepsters instructions.

You can mix powdered potato (Mr.Mash or Smash) through the medium and the worms will happily pile on weight.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

JackPike:

I am off to pick my lad up from his work soon and at that place there are some nice lobworms last time I collected some they all rotted on me so whats the best way to keep them for a few days?

For a few - or even several - days they'll be very happy in damp shredded newspaper in a baitbox or groundbait bucket. Keep them cool + dark, no probs.

Avoid peat-based compost, IMO.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

In a cool dark place, lobs should stay fresh in wet shredded newspaper for several weeks.

Remember to keep it damp, and don't put in any damaged worms or the good ones won't last long either.

For more information see: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/authors/leon11.htm

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I used to work for a mole killer and he kept gallons of lob worms (Yes gallons!) in dustbin sized barrels of soil. We collected most of the soil from where the worms were gathered. Don't have the soil too wet. I think he kept layers of newspaper, or bits of carpet on top and gave them a sprinkle of water every now and again.

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton