ebay bidding

barry luxton

How does the bidding work if an item starts off at 90p then £5 then shoots up to £135 I thought that ebay automaticlly bids for you whatever high bid you put in. This item i am looking at is a repeat their last one sold for supprise £135 the one before that didn't reach their reserve.

Could it be that someone is also bidding for them in the hope that others will go in on top?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I have always been a bit skeptical about ebay with regard to that. I once bid on a push bike and the person I was competing with had a username with the last 4 numbers matching. To add to that, they also had created their account the same day the push bike had been opened for bidding. It turned out that I actually new the seller, but it doesn't change the fact that there are ways to 'cheat' at everything. I'm reasonably sure he was bidding on his own item. I don't use ebay very often any more, but I always made sure to look through the comments that buyers were leaving.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

How does the bidding work if an item starts off at 90p then £5 then shoots up to £135 I thought that ebay automaticlly bids for you whatever high bid you put in. This item i am looking at is a repeat their last one sold for supprise £135 the one before that didn't reach their reserve.

Could it be that someone is also bidding for them in the hope that others will go in on top?

It does happen Barry, it's called shill bidding and is not allowed.

With a bit of digging you can check and see if it's always the same names bidding things up for a certain seller.

Barry it can't go from $5 to $135 without bids in between. check the bidding button and see what and who is bidding

I think that it can make that jump, if there is a reserve of 135 and the current bid is 5 with the reserve not met and i bid 135 then the bid would be registered at 135 with the reserve being met, not sure that this was the case here, but if Barry lists the item number i will have a look.

Not only is Shill bidding not allowed, it's illegal.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Why would a shilling seller set a reserve if the intension was to

bump the price up him/het self? To set a reserve on ebay you have

to pay a fee. Also, dunno about you lot, if an item has a reserve on it

dont normaly bother bidding.

B)

PS Item number? ;)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Your probably right but it started at 90p then went to $5 if there is a reserve would not the first bid have to start there. We dont have reserve prices here so i dont know the system.

iIf we wanted $135 we would have to start at that.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Item number 110261570703 It was a reserve listing, however the third bid must have reached or went over the reserve or..................

Come on you guys, tell me what is happening here. Most of the gear sold is 99p to suck you in, with a reserve, are they playing games? Just who is the £135 bidder?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Dixons have your item at 300 + 20 delivery

If i was looking for that item i would know rrp, look for a carry/dixon's price. Then check ebay.

I would bid half the Dixons @ 150.-- bingo the reserve is easily beaten. Dont think any thing dodgy

(its graded would that mean its not showroom condition?)

Is it big enough to store your bait though? only 240 ltrs :D

1509tarpon_75_.gif