Demo in Bewdley

Leon Roskilly

Why does everyone think the goverment would ban fishing over some lead in swans what they probably picked up from years gone by when anglers used it.This is a pastime for the masses millions of anglers.They get millions in taxes every year from there rod licence .Billions of pounds are put into the economy every year through fishing related business tens of thousands of jobs .Most fisherman look after there quarry and treat it with respect.A few swans aint gonna mess with the tax mans cash .They let grown men die in iraq and afganistan with no regard about lead content in bullets,becouse there getting there moneys worth "it's called rebiulding in iraq" :rolleyes: .A bit of lost tackle happens now and then it's just unlucky,if a bird eats it then its just another casualty they will ignore.MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND,AND THE TAX MAN GETS HIS.Anti's are there to try and spoil the gravy train for the tax man.There wasn,t enough money in Fox hunting thats why it was banned.If there had of been then they would still be chasing them around,and don't kid yourself it was banned becouse it was cruel.War is cruel but were still in two becouse the money train is there.A few swans an bit of lead ain't gonna stop fishing it's laughable.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think the Gov areat all interested in lead,anglers or swans! simply interestedin votes so the group who make the most noise will be construed as having the biggest voting power.........

Its quite plain that Bewdly Towmn Council dont want to ban fishing either..............but will pressure force them to? be interesting to wait and see.

Even though I dont know the outcome I do know that any decision wont be made for the swans benifit or based on any proven facts but to keep the peace/political gain.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Dont think the Gov areat all interested in lead,anglers or swans! simply interestedin votes so the group who make the most noise will be construed as having the biggest voting power.........

Its quite plain that Bewdly Towmn Council dont want to ban fishing either..............but will pressure force them to? be interesting to wait and see.

Even though I dont know the outcome I do know that any decision wont be made for the swans benifit or based on any proven facts but to keep the peace/political gain.

This sums up my thoughts too. It's got little to do with anything other than political capital. If this 'on the ropes' government suddenly found a massive vote winner in banning angling, we wouldn't have time to blink. The reasons for the ban would be immaterial. And it would come about because a highly articulate and organised group were able to sway public opinion.

The fox hunting industry generated a great deal of money, as far as I know?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music