CAR BOOT SURPRISE !

Guest tigger

Guest tigger

What can I say.............. I'm chuffed !!!! I was looking for a Allcocks Aerial match but wanted a mint'ish one and the ones I've watched on the bay have been going for up to just under £400 in that condition.

Anyway I had the shock of my life when my Mrs came home at lunch time from her usual Saturday boot sale carrying her usual load of junk (in my eyes) but she pulled out a small red box and said "is this any good to you". I opened the box and was amazed to see an obviously unused brand new condition Match Aerial !!

I asked her how much she paid for it and she said the reel cost nothing. Apparantly it had started to rain and the woman who's stall it was was throwing everything out of the car saying it's all free anybody can take what they want ! The reel was buried inside an old 1950's suitcase filled with old newspapers, boxes filled with old fish knives and forks and some glassware. My wife was after a Lloyd Loom box on top of the pile but with everything being free she went through it all and grabbed this little red box for me !!!! She said there was lots of people snatching at the free stuff but I'm really glad she managed to snatch this first.

Here's some pic's of my new addition to my collection of little beauties

BoxedreelbackWEB.jpg

AllcocksmatchsideWEB.jpg

AllcocksmatchfrontWEB.jpg

I'll never laugh at her boot sale bargains again... and don't forget someone's junk might be your treasure.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What...what..but..but..but!! It's not fair!!

I bet you're chuffed tigger!!

First off Wingham lake record Tench, now he gets a brand new Match Aerial from a car boot. I reckon all the Golden Orfe in this country were plain till you touched them..

Good on you tigger. You'll have to be nice for a while now.

You lucky,lucky b........................

I'll second that! Hell of a find there Tigger, well done to your missus :thumbs:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Guest tigger
Golden isn't in it, they have got to be platinum. Excellent find :thumbs: Does the Mrs know how much it is worth.

The Mr's knew it was a centrepin reel when she opend the box lid but didn't know exactly what it was worth only that I would want it but she wishes she'd kept hold of the old case she got the reel out of just incase there was any other hidden treasures.

She's got me a few fishing books from her boot sale trips nothing worth any ammount of money but they only cost her 50p to £1 so they where cheaper than a weekly magazine making them a bargain in my books!

All I can say is I'll encourage her to go in future instead of taking the p**s infact I might just tag along myself. :D