CAR BOOT SURPRISE !

Guest tigger

The Mr's knew it was a centrepin reel when she opend the box lid but didn't know exactly what it was worth only that I would want it but she wishes she'd kept hold of the old case she got the reel out of just incase there was any other hidden treasures.

She's got me a few fishing books from her boot sale trips nothing worth any ammount of money but they only cost her 50p to £1 so they where cheaper than a weekly magazine making them a bargain in my books!

All I can say is I'll encourage her to go in future instead of taking the p**s infact I might just tag along myself. :D

Don't bother about all that. Can you just ask her for 6 numbers between 1 and 49 and then PM them to me

You lucky **********

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a find, especially the excellent condition and the box! B)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Guest tigger
Wow, what a find, especially the excellent condition and the box! B)

It makes you wonder just how many have simply been thrown away by people not knowing their value. Lets face it though most people even these days would think a centrepin is just a childs toy reel and worthless.

I wonder how many of the Allcock match aerials were made hundreds/thousands does anyone know ?

Tigger

Can you send me your Lottery numbers first the 10lb Wingham Tench and now this you are really on a roll?

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest tigger
Tigger

Can you send me your Lottery numbers first the 10lb Wingham Tench and now this you are really on a roll?

Tony

Tony I've never done the lottery except for a couple of scratch cards and won 5 notes once but lost it on more scratch cards so I've just never bothered with them. The Wingham Tench was pure luck at the end of the day lets face it it could have been a 2/3 lber or nothing at all just as easy.

I must addmit my wife does that much digging arround at the boot fairs when she goes that she was bound to come across something decent eventually. She has had loads of bargains though but mainly stuff for the house etc. I've very rarley been to them but on the occasions I have I have been surprised at some of the fishing gear available at dirt cheap prices. She nearly always brings me back a book mainly John Wilson ones but I do like JW and I find his books very informative and for the prices of a squid or less they're worth getting. I think the ones that are only on several times of the year are the best ones where people are genuinely getting rid of their "junk" and are not full of traders.

The Mr's knew it was a centrepin reel when she opend the box lid but didn't know exactly what it was worth only that I would want it but she wishes she'd kept hold of the old case she got the reel out of just incase there was any other hidden treasures.

She's got me a few fishing books from her boot sale trips nothing worth any ammount of money but they only cost her 50p to £1 so they where cheaper than a weekly magazine making them a bargain in my books!

All I can say is I'll encourage her to go in future instead of taking the p**s infact I might just tag along myself. :D

Didn't she do well :thumbs::thumbs::clap2: I just love bootsales.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Brillliant find, I never see anything worth having at these boot sales (although I did see a couple of 2lb TC Diawa Powermesh's going very cheap once). I will have to look much harder in future. But an unused brand new condition Match Aerial in its box?? I bow to your obviously superior luck.

Lucky S*d :)

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

common as muck :P i just got a unreleased intrepid .probably not more than a handful were made this could be the only one left on earth ,bit of a balls up in the design dept and this version at 8 to 1 retrieve because it was useless (hard to turn with any weight against the line) was quickly redesigned with a 5 to 1 gearing which went on to be the version in shops.

almost identical on the outside to the normal one but turning the handle shows all.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest tigger
common as muck :P i just got a unreleased intrepid .probably not more than a handful were made this could be the only one left on earth ,bit of a balls up in the design dept and this version at 8 to 1 retrieve because it was useless (hard to turn with any weight against the line) was quickly redesigned with a 5 to 1 gearing which went on to be the version in shops.

almost identical on the outside to the normal one but turning the handle shows all.

Did you get that at a boot sale Chesters ?

no i got it through a a ex director of morritts who helping me with my research.

the reels very strange its more like a mitchell inside than an intrepid perhaps the "mistake" was a copyright issue? the reels body is different than the common one due to the strange gears within.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson