Rod advice

John 'BLOCK'

looking to find a rod for 2 purposes.....

for spinning and for floater fishing for carp...

pref 8-10ft...any ideas...i know that various rods do various jobs but am trying to find something that might work for both types of fishing.

any ideas?

john

John "The Block" Westley

IMO, a John Wilson Stalker is a good idea. It is quite short and will hold carp at close range but can also be used a spinning rod.

I would get a second opionion though.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Have a word with Nick Buss, who's built lots of rods for Forum members and top anglers. Nick's the Regional Organiser for the BCSG and also very keen on his lure fishing, so should definitely be able to help you. His number is 01233-634832.

Don't forget to refer to Angler's Net when you speak to him!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I use a Harrison Avon for floater fishing open water for carp, and small plugs(up to 50g) for pike.

11'0", two piece, T/C 1lb 6oz.

I wouldn't say it's the absolute perfect tool for the job but it's handled carp over 20, pike to about 15 and sometimes it gets used properly with barbel to over 10.