The christening

Tigger

With the weather looking good, the river levels looking promising and a new acquistiton in the form of a Fred J Taylor centrepin to christen I couldn't resist a trip to the river today. I arrived at my chosen swim at noon and the river looked just a nice level for wading and had that slight tea staining colour about it so looked just about perfect ! First of all I walked out to mid river and catapulted maggots upstream as far as as could (due to the strong current) hoping that they would be somewhere near the bottom or at least mid water as they passed me. After spending no more than five minuites throwing maggots away I got bored and went back to dry land to get my rod. I couldn't belive that on the very first trott with my latest pin I hooked a barbel. I don't know how long it took to land it but it seemed like a long time and when I fianlly managed to net the fish it weighed 10lb 11 ounces ! I was very happy until I realised that I hadn't deducted a pound for the net :mellow: . To be honest though I was still pleased with it being a high nine. My very next trott produced a roach that appeared to have had a nasty injury at sometime but had somehow recoverd and seemed to be doing well. The very next trott produced a fish which I think is a small salmon but I may well be wrong. After that I caught another 6 or 7 barbel, I lost count, not that it matters anyhow (unusually the chub didn't make an appearance). The reel was an absolute joy to use and was excellent for wallice casting even with the lineguard in place. I actually rate the reel as good as any I have and at the moment it's my favourite :lol: . I have several snaps of fish which I'll put up later if anyones interested.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several snaps of fish which I'll put up later if anyones interested.

Interested???? Does the Pope cr@p in the woods?

Sounds a great session Ian, well done. We'd love to see pics....of the reel too mind.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Sounds like it was a good session Ian. You should bring the reel along on sunday so I can take a butchers at it. Im going for an evening on the river tomorrow after work in search of the beards. As you say the river level is looking good for it. Still crossing my fingers for that elusive double.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Nice one Ian. :thumbs:

Think I might have to start a thread called blasphemy shortly as i bought a 506 the other day. :o

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Nice one Ian. :thumbs:

Think I might have to start a thread called blasphemy shortly as i bought a 506 the other day. :o

Love em Brian, but I prefer the 501's ;)

Have you got it for the river ?

Love em Brian, but I prefer the 501's ;)

Have you got it for the river ?

Anywhere really Ian. It was £15 and in good nick so i couldn't say no.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Anywhere really Ian. It was £15 and in good nick so i couldn't say no.

Blimey 15 ripp's, I bet you snatched their hands off, ya jammy bugger. If need to move it on you've got my number ;) .

Hey Brian, did you not get my pm's about your trip with Dave ?