North West Wales Trotting Rivers

Rob Ward

I'm off for a weeks family holiday in North Wales (Llanberis) next week and was hoping to do a bit of trotting for coarse fish, preferably Grayling although I'd also be interested in rivers holding Roach and Chub.

I know the Dee holds stocks but it's an hour away and I could do with something closer to Llanberis so I can slip out for a few hours early morning.

All I can find information for online is fluff chucking for trout and salmon and the obligatory commercials <_<

What I'm after is a trotting river that I can fish on a day ticket or reasonably priced club card, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Edited by Rob Ward

I'm off for a weeks family holiday in North Wales (Llanberis) next week and was hoping to do a bit of trotting for coarse fish, preferably Grayling although I'd also be interested in rivers holding Roach and Chub.

I know the Dee holds stocks but it's an hour away and I could do with something closer to Llanberis so I can slip out for a few hours early morning.

All I can find information for online is fluff chucking for trout and salmon and the obligatory commercials <_<

What I'm after is a trotting river that I can fish on a day ticket or reasonably priced club card, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Hi Rob, sorry I've just seen your post.

Unfortunately you are limited when it comes to coarse fish in that area. Is Bala too far? 36 miles of A-road. If you can get there you can fish the lake (big perch,pike) and the start of the Dee (grayling,dace,roach) on day tickets, I think they're about £3.

Other than that the only thing I can suggest is that there are plenty of mullet in the harbours at caernarfon and surrounding areas and great sea fishing on Anglesey!