The "Old Goats" - Part 2

Snatcher

This pollacking session involved 3 intrepid anglers from the Clashwhannon Caravan Park - George,young Nick (relatively young to us) and my good self. After our last pollacking expedition in which George nearly finished up in the drink the auld goat fancied an even harder mark to climb down to this time !!!

It had produced good fish for us in the past but we had not fished it for a few years. We arrived at the top of the cliffs about 2 hours after lw. By the looks of it nobody had been down this year,no sign of any path. After a few wrong turns we got the to electric cattle fence. We all crawled under that with no shocks but a few nettle stings for our efforts. :D

It was a very careful scramle down the cliff next,just a few minor slips !!!! We got to our fishing base and tackled up. George and Nick elected for a float set up with mackerel strip and I decided to start off spinning with a 6" holographic sandeel.

Nick was first in and what a scrap !!! He eventually got it near to the rock edge and George decided to go down and "hand" it in. It was a decent pollack about the 6lb stamp. George got hold of the line just as the fish decided to make a final bid for freedom. The fish won,check out one embarassed George and Nicks float drifting away never to be seen again. It was not his fault but we got some mileage out of it !!!! :rolleyes:

IMG_0001.jpg

Nick was in next again with a small pollack on the float.

IMG_0002-1.jpg

I had had a few small pollack when I was hit by a really good fish. I could not do a thing with it and it just "smoked" line until the hook pulled out. Think I swore at this point. Oh well thats fishing for you. A few minutes later I managed to get a better fish out.

IMG_0004-1.jpg

In the meanwhile George was struggling and all he could get was the smaller pollack,good sport non the less though.

Here is Nick with another pollack

IMG_0006.jpg

And another one

IMG_0007.jpg

At the end of the session Nick and I had about 10 pollack each and George about 5/6. A most enjoyable 3 hours or so off the rocks. The climb back really done me in - aye its a young mans game. All fish were safely returned to fight another day. :)

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Sounds like great fun and well worth the climb (both directions).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President