Bank stick Stabilisers

Its great having pennies to spend on new fishing gear.

Ok, having been looking at bank stick stabilisers, now I am pretty sure I am gunna get the chub SS bank stabiliser as it has two prongs to push in to the ground. Which to me would mean that it has great stability compared to the single ones.

However has any one got any experience of using stabilisers and can you recommend any to me, have never used them before and am trying to sort out by buzz bar and bankstick arrangement.

Cheers once again guys.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

that's crazy money for what your getting. ive seen several rod pods for £30+ id go with a rod pod before buying one of those stabalisers. but if you asked me for something that was light weight and small if that was an issue to you then yeah these would probably be ideal, but £10 ? i think id try make my own first.

then again i use heavy screw in bank sticks so stability isn't much of an issue for me.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Not keen on pods as i like to pont my rods in the direction of when i am fishing, which then i guess leads the question why the buzz bar set up? I normally fish two rods in roughly the same place and the third, off aways or at showing fish.

I cannot remeber what make the buzz bar and sticks are, they are not thick, thick but are stainless steel and of good quality.

I guess the chub stabilisers will fit most banksticks, the only way to know is to buy and see i guess.

Cheers for all the suggestins and advice guys.

STC

If you are looking for a two rod set up that is virtually bomb proof, does the job and is light then you would not get any better than these. I stopped using stainless stainless including the bank stick stabilisers a long time ago. The Chris Brown products have been going a long time and you will not need stabilisers.

http://www.cbproducts.co.uk/rodrest.cfm

Why would i not need stabilisiers then? how do they stop themselves from moving around then?

Cheers

STC

Why would i not need stabilisiers then? how do they stop themselves from moving around then?

Cheers

STC

By comparison, stainless is quite a bit smaller in dia and being very smooth requires less force to twist ie lass friction.. In addition the area of metal in the ground with stainless is a lot less. If you are fishing on hard or stoney ground, it often pays to drill a hole first. I used to use an old cut down bivvy storm stick with a bar through the end for this purpose.

Yep I see, makes sense, thanks for the info. There is so much choice, to tell you the truth not sure what i am gunna get, being looking at rod pods but not really found one i like, not sure if my bank sticks will fit the stabilisers i want, may just go back to my banksticks and be done with it at this rate.

:crazy::cry::wallbash:

Cheers

STC (very confused)

I have never rated stainless.Its heavy and expensive.Ive never seen the need for SS extra strength as Ive never bent a normal alli stick! Also as mentioned its thinner diameter isnt allways a good thing. Another vote for Chris Brown products by the way.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi

Beginning to think might sell all my steel and buy in a set of chris brown products.

Cheers STC