Peter W

Jeff S

Just wanted to thank Peter Waller for putting me onto some pike today. I wasted half the day chucking stickbaits (rapalas) that were green and yellow diving plugs, surface plugs, rattle traps you know the like. Resulting in a few takes but nothing in the net. Then I realized/remembered that I had a few orange and yellow spoons. Scared the hell out of myself after the second cast with that spoon. 5.5lb jack... :D Plus many more takes than I had all day. I'll be back at it in a few hours and let you know how I got on. Thanks again Peter red and yellow is the color!!!

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

I'm not sure that I deserve this thanks! But thanks anyway!

Yes, spoons are greatly underated. Strangely enough I've been doing very well indeed lately with a yellow and red ace jerk bait.

By the way I'm pleased that you are catching. Down here we have had a megga two weeks. Probably the last before spawning. Basically our pike season is practically over. Its been a hard one!

[ 02. March 2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Hiya Peter. I've looked forward to your posts since you seem to be one that is catching and that makes for a fun read.

With only two weeks left before the closed season I can use all the help I can get. It just so happened that I was thinking about something similiar to the Ace jerk that you were describing.

The water was running fast today and very dirty too. It was clear on friday. I think it has put them off. Seems that I was the only one catching yesterday.

I hope you get into more so I can read about it.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...