£10 Centre Pin on sale at Dragon Carp

Dales

The Okumas look like great reels and as to the other lot, well the internet is a great place to permanently lose customers because bad service tends to get reported in more depth than good service. Good luck in your search for a new pin.

Well I have just got off the phone with dragon carp as i couldn't be bothered waiting til Monday. I told them the situation with the reel and that the pawl simply relieved itself from the reel while engaging the ratchet and was told that there is only a 3 month guarantee on the reels so I could not get a replacement. I was then told after asking if they had spares that I should call up again on Wednesday as that is when the manufacturer of the reels would be in and that maybe he could sort something out.

I have no idea what if anything he will be willing to do about it but I suppose I can only ring up and see what he says. I will in the meantime be doing my impression of a man not holding his breath lol.

Can't wait to get something of some real quality in two weeks time. Still unsure of what to go with as of yet but have seen the greys bewick, okuma sheffield or aventa pro and one or two others in my price range. Decisions decisions lol.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Well I have just got off the phone with dragon carp as i couldn't be bothered waiting til Monday. I told them the situation with the reel and that the pawl simply relieved itself from the reel while engaging the ratchet and was told that there is only a 3 month guarantee on the reels so I could not get a replacement. I was then told after asking if they had spares that I should call up again on Wednesday as that is when the manufacturer of the reels would be in and that maybe he could sort something out.

I have no idea what if anything he will be willing to do about it but I suppose I can only ring up and see what he says. I will in the meantime be doing my impression of a man not holding his breath lol.

Can't wait to get something of some real quality in two weeks time. Still unsure of what to go with as of yet but have seen the greys bewick, okuma sheffield or aventa pro and one or two others in my price range. Decisions decisions lol.

Dragon Carp are pulling your plonker, I think all European goods are covered by a one or two year guarantee and it may be that the item is 'unfit for purpose' BUT - as it wasn't expensive do you have the time to chase them, I WOULD ! ;) The Grey's reel looks tempting, lovely design, have a play with them all in a shop. Don't forget the Young's reels too.

Dragon Carp have an even cheaper PIN for sale at £10, have no idea if it would be any good but might interest some one.

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/categories/Reels/

It also looks like the Marco Cortesi PINS are back in stock.

I bought a Marco Cortesi reel and despite it being a little chunky it runs really well, need to add your own greese tho ;-) I also had a play with this new reel for £10 at one of Dragon Carps leisure centre bring and buy sale :-). And i have to say id rather fish with the line wrapped around my wrist...lol

I agree with the others that seeing as the Cortesi's are only £30 there is no contest, of course if after you buy the Cortesi like me you go and by an Okuma Sheffield, then even the Cortesi tends to get left in your bag...lol

I bought a Marco Cortesi reel and despite it being a little chunky it runs really well, need to add your own greese tho ;-) I also had a play with this new reel for £10 at one of Dragon Carps leisure centre bring and buy sale :-). And i have to say id rather fish with the line wrapped around my wrist...lol

I agree with the others that seeing as the Cortesi's are only £30 there is no contest, of course if after you buy the Cortesi like me you go and by an Okuma Sheffield, then even the Cortesi tends to get left in your bag...lol

Just a word of caution about the Greys pins: they ARE very nice pins, but there are currently two versions in the shops, and they are virtually identical. The older version is UK made, and marked as such at the bottom edge of the rear plate ... the newer version is made in the Far East. Components were shipped to China from Alnwick for construction of the newer reels ... this from the horses mouth!

I've played with them side by side, and could not tell one from the other based on performance ... currently the newer 'far East' version retails at £170+ ... you can get a UK-made reel for around 50 - 60 quid less!

currently the newer 'far East' version retails at £170+ ... you can get a UK-made reel for around 50 - 60 quid less!

My Bewick is one of the newer ones, and it didn't cost anywhere near that much (bought brand new from a bircks and mortar shop. I think it was about £100).

A more important point to keep in mind is that the older version doesn't have an adjustable grub screw at the centre of the spool. This is likely to cause problems should the reel ever need to be adjusted.