Using Braid with a chod rig?

It would possibly work with thick coated braid or some thick mono but the point of stiff rigs is just that, that they are stiff and will sit above the weed etc that is trying to keep it down. If you were fishing the Chod for its hooking up powers (which are immense!) you wouldnt be able to get the desired curve i dont think.

gone

Hello

To be honest I have tried it with braid and it was not great, you simply do not get the desired presentation with braid, tried using mono as well and again not impressed with it as kinks all over the place,.

Am afraid that stiff link material is the way (esp stiff link is ideal) to go and choddy hooks is my advice. It is worth spending the pennies as you get the desired result.

I would buy the materials and make them, if you are not sure how, there are plenty of good vids on You tube.

Sorry got a feeling this is not gunna help you but that is what I have found when using braid to make chod rigs.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

To be honest I would use a long hair and pop up instead, the ideal behind the chod rig is the curve you make in the stiff link material, because braid does not have that ability you can not make that curve.

What is the lake bed like you are fishing over I assume it is weedy ?

Another option would be to fish the method but make sure that the lead can fall away once you get a run. Or make a small pva bag or stick and bury the hook in it, this should get you throw the weed and make a good presentation of your hook bait.

Sorry I can not be any more help.

Cheers

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!