bream spod mix

Feederfisher

I would PAY to see you having a tantrum bankside, Anderoo! :lol:

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would PAY to see you having a tantrum bankside, Anderoo! :lol:

Renrag

Cool, you can pay me in groundbait, I put loads in but it all drifts away :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You fool, you!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

BTW Lutra, unless you have fished where I've been fishing, you have no idea what you're talking about. Do a couple of seasons there for the bream, and then we can see if you're any good or not. Those northern runs waters are not in the same league ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

BTW Lutra, unless you have fished where I've been fishing, you have no idea what you're talking about. Do a couple of seasons there for the bream, and then we can see if you're any good or not. Those northern runs waters are not in the same league ;)

:2::cry:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Well I find Anderoo's stuff on Bream fishing very interesting and I think most Bream anglers would be very pleased to have caught some of the Bream he has.

I would agree that the bream by their size are very impressive, but just think who much more impressive it would be if he had just a little bit of real bream fishing experience. Maybe he wouldn't get so many line bites (or nothing but line bites when it blows a bit). Maybe he wouldn't have spooked more bream than he has caught and just maybe he would have manage to catch a multiple catch.

But with no real bream fishing experience, he's just fishing a dumbed down bait and wait approach for me and the quality of the three bream he has caught in years of trying are just testament to the water and his persistence. Not good bream fishing skills.

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Who'd want to be good at bream fishing anyway? Horrible smelly things. Don't fight neither.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Who'd want to be good at bream fishing anyway? Horrible smelly things. Don't fight neither.

True Andy :lol:

OK Lutra, you've got another bite. I'll do my best to spell out very clearly all the things I've written very clearly before, but which you have obviously misunderstood. I'm not doing this to try to prove how brilliant I am at bream fishing, but if you won't let this drop, I feel like I need to get some facts straight. So...

Bream fishing experience - I grew up in the fens, moved from there to London (where I fished down in Hampshire/Surrey), and from there to Oxford. I've fished all my life for all species of fish, including shoal bream of various sizes in the fenland drains, Norfolk estate lakes, and gravel pits in Norfolk, Surrey, Hampshire, and Oxfordshire. I don't have any problem catching 'normal' bream by design. If you mean low stock density giant bream fishing, my only experience has been at Wingham. Not surprising as there are only a handful of such waters in the country.

Line bites - I don't suffer from lots of line bites, and the wind has no bearing on it at all. I judt don't know where you got this idea from. I have only once had the persistent, long, line bites that we all try to avoid, and that was at Wingham, in January a few years ago, before I even started to fish for the bream (it was in fact my first night there after getting a night ticket, and only fished overnight as I had a work party the next day). When I have had the little tiny line bites, they have always preceeded a bream being caught, across all waters, so no issue there. They mean bream are feeding confidently on the bait. Lovely.

Spooking bream - Talk to anyone who has fished for the bream at Wingham or similar waters and they'll tell you exactly the same thing. I'd rather know I've spooked one than not. They are extremely skittish fish. Note that this is specific to Wingham, I haven't noticed this anywhere else, although bream everywhere don't seem to like having bait or rigs dropped right on their heads. Everyone who has fished at Wingham has spooked more bream than they've caught, whether they know it or not.

Dumbed down bait and wait approach - not sure what you mean really, this is standard specimen fishing for many species on these types of waters. What would you do? Go stalking...? If you imagine I arrive, pick a comfortable swim, spod out a load of groundbait that then floats away in vaguely the same area, cast 3 rods at it and then sit in the bivvy for 3 days, you have completely misunderstood.

Multiple captures - I just don't think you understand this type of water and what 'success' means in relation to them. Of course I would love a multiple capture (as would everyone else) but they are so rare that I don't really expect it to ever happen. I know I have come close twice, and I am very proud of that. You don't seem to believe that 1 fish a season is a really good result, but it's true. Obviously you have to bear in mind the distance (150 miles each way), the limitations on time at the water, the cost of each trip, the fact that sessions have to be booked up in advance because they cost me my annual leave (and so if that coincides with bad conditions, well, tough), but I'm sure you must realise all that. I'd be interested to hear how many you think you'd catch under the same constraints.

I don't know why you've got such a chip on your shoulder, I'm sorry I've caught a couple of big fish that you don't think I deserve, but if I were you I would man the **** up, get over it, and stop your persistent whinging. To anyone who knows the reality of what you're going on about, you're making yourself sound like an idiot.

If you get bored at sniping away at me, get hold of some of Tony Miles' books, read the Queenford chapters, and write a load af angry and dismissive letters to him, because if what I've written annoys you that stuff will send you over the edge!

EDIT: this is my last word on the subject, I'm sorry I annoy you this much, but there we are. I'm not going to get involved in any more of these topics, because they go totally off topic and are nothing to do with the original poster's question. I fish on my own terms, try to work things out for myself, and I don't do anything to please anyone else.

Edited by Anderoo

But with no real bream fishing experience, he's just fishing a dumbed down bait and wait approach for me and the quality of the three bream he has caught in years of trying are just testament to the water and his persistence. Not good bream fishing skills.

I am not sure where you get these ideas from, I think to have caught 3 Bream from Wingham he is doing very well. Andrew has already covered what makes fishing the likes of Wingham so hard and I think at times it is difficult to get your head around what is considered successful at such venues.

I think to get one fish from such waters is doing well but you can always be left with the feeling there may have been an element of luck involved but if you can repeat that and catch more over a given period of time then that person obviously knows what they are doing.

Out of interest what qualifies as having "real" Bream experience?

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

One last thing to correct - yes I have had 3 bream in 3 years, but 1 was an accident while tench fishing :rolleyes:B) So I can't really count that one.

So it's really only 2 bream in 3 years of trying, and I am immensely proud of both of them, regardless of what anyone else thinks :)

(...and I think it's time I had a break from AN.)

Edited by Anderoo