bream spod mix

Feederfisher

Hello all. I've had my nappy changed (as Tigger so nicely put it :P ) and calmed down, apologies for any insults on my part.

Well done anderoo infact very well done.

I am afraid I have not yet calmed down but your post has enticed a reply from me.

If any body slags this off or takes it off topic or decries specimen anglers as being mad then I will hunt them down and make them fish a carp commercial bagging match water for a whole week.

Its a shame you cannot make the fens fishing meet.

I have never been one for these social events including famly get togethers but norfolkdipper has been trying so hard I will try and get there. Being a bit of a loner I really like being out there with just me and the nasty old world. This weekend I have spoken to no one else other than the wife on the phone for all the weekend. Bliss.

regards

John

Edited by John Weddup

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17.06 and a new PB.

Bloomin' ek.

I don't like the nasty slimy things but that's a hell of a lump.

Well done.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Absolutely fantastic result Andrew and well deserved. After watching you working out with the spod rod, I had to go back to the bivvy for a a nap :D That really was a well planned and well executed bit of angling :camera::thumbs: . I bet the big bait bag was a lot lighter going back. oh and welcome back.

Blimey, what's all this welcome back nonsense....he's only been gone five muinuites for a nappy change and a large bream LOL. Sorry Anderoo couldn't resist it :).

PampersKingSize.jpg

Get on it ;)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

You been somewhere Andrew? Nobody tells me anything! <_<:D

Great looking fish you had there, 17lb 6oz, that's a monster!

No need to ask where you caught it, where does it stand in the list of bream from the water? It can't be that far from the top.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

so long as you take any surface drift and/or tow into account when mixing the groundbait/deciding what bait items to use.

Well done on the bream Anderoo

Can I ask, what did you do to determine what the tow was like where your spod was dropping?

I ask because on these big deep gravel pits, especially those with complex underwater features, the speed and nature of the undertow are not easily determined, particularly at long range. I have been surprised by the direction (not always opposite to surface drift), and strength (strong current persisting long after the wind has died down) more than once.

Using a slider float with a big bunch of worms fished deep for an hour or so in daylight gives a reasonable picture of the undertow up to say 30 yards out - but beyond that......I would always be wondering if my groundbait was really where I thought it was.

But you must have got it right this time :)

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Anderoo how many times must you be told? you know absolutely nothing about big bream fishing so stop posting about it and above all stop catching them................

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!