bream spod mix

Feederfisher

ahh yes, only a complete mastery of the english language would enable one to come up with such a clever anagram! such clever chaps they are! :P

No Sean, we won't take the credit, it's been in common usage for some time now.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...carp&page=3

It has several meanings, and most of them are derogatory.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15. carp The special childen who are forced to live in big emptty rooms covered in carpet so they dont fall and hurt them selves hense the word "CARP" short for carpet, These childen face a lack of social knowlegde and face a slight case of mental retardation

Love it :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Reminds me of a few carp anglers (and one or two coarse anglers) I have come across. Not aimed at you though Sean. Just the many idiots that ruined plenty of days in the past for me at various venues with total incompetence. It was those kinds of people that really turned me off fishing popular places.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Love it :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

15. carp The special childen who are forced to live in big emptty rooms covered in carpet so they dont fall and hurt them selves hense the word "CARP" short for carpet, These childen face a lack of social knowlegde and face a slight case of mental retardation

Looking at the spelling in your quote I'm not sure who is suffering from the slight mental retardation ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Glad to see you all picked the non offensive versions of Carp from that website. Some of them just are not nice at all and some are down right offensive.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Looking at the spelling in your quote I'm not sure who is suffering from the slight mental retardation ;)

You are missing the key word in your post. 'Quote' ;)

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

i find it funny that after a 1000 years you lot still consider them a non native invasive species. 1000 years they've been here, wheres the damage. An not just a few nibbled banks an some displaced roach, proper, long lasting damage, like in the states with silver carp or even the ebro. There isnt any is there! AHAH! Ya boo back to you! :D

Unfortunately SpecimenSean it's naive comments such as those that tend to put you in the 'Timmy' league (see definition 15 of Gozzer's link).

Definition of non-native? (yet again), a species brought to the country by man. Therefore carp are non-native...no argument...they may become naturalised but they are definitely non-native.

Alien invasive species? a species brought into the country by man that has a negative effect on any other native organism...there we go again, displacing a few roach or anything else puts them in that league.

The effect of digging ponds on floodplains and then filling them with non-native/invasive species is obvious to most people. Let me explain it to you. When the rain falls and the river floods onto the floodplain then fish from those ponds can, and do end up in rivers. Unfortunately (and very inconveniently for carp anglers), a lot of rivers in the UK have fish other than carp in them, most of these are considerably smaller than carp and, due to evolution over the millenia, subject to quite distinct requirements for their survival in the aforementioned rivers. Carp have an ability to eat anything, in almost any water conditions and so, tend to eat the vegetation (along with fish and amphibian eggs) which, causes erosion of the river bed and banks and so alters things dramatically along the river system. Are we still following? This can cause a loss of spawning and feeding habitat which can lead to the decline and eventual loss of species from a river or stretch of river and, can have a significant detrimental effect on invertebrate life that fish and other animals feed on. Pollution by way of suspended solids in the water can also have a detrimental effect on spawning, feeding, plant growth and, even inshore saltwater due to the turbidity of the water and the settling effect that the disturbed silt has.

There, in a nutshell, some of the problems that allowing non-native-invasive alien fish has in the UK. Perhaps you weren't aware of it, perhaps you just don't care... But I do and so do many other people. So before you continue with your childish slurs on anglers who don't wish to go carp fishing try thinking how it would be if the law changed and those illegal pools were bulldozed in, the fishery owners prosecuted and you had to find somewhere else to fish......

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Get over yourself you massive hypocrit. A majority of your posts revolve around this subject and time and time again i have read your attacks on my chosen area of our sport. The only reason i have ever posted something mildly offensive in relation to this is when i have been offended myself. You tar everyone by the same brush and seem to live on these stereotypes that all carpers are loud mouthed stella drinking ***** that only fish commercial runs water. Bullshit, maybe you should pull your head out of your arse and take a look around. Why would i have any sympathy for your arguement when you go about in the way that you do. If you insult me first , be indirect or not, i wont give two shits about your problems and thoughts coming next. Think about it......

"So before you continue with your childish slurs on anglers who don't wish to go carp fishing " blaa blaa ****ing blaa

So maybe next time, when you are about to post some slur about carp anglers maybe its YOU who should think about what hes typing and who hes offending. I dont usally go off like this, and only a few posts back i was saying about being the bigger man and humouring people, but your just a ****ing idiot.

gone

If the cap fits....

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!