Northern Broads System Blogs/Reports

Renrag39

This is a topic that has been discussed at length. Whether it will work depends on all who fish the area giving reports or making blogs, relevant to the thread with whatever information they deem relevant. From my view at least, even a blank report will have its use, when methods/baits/prevailing weather is taken into account.

An especially interesting point will be 2 people's take on conditions etc., when fishing the same location, at the same time.

I and NorfolkDipper are due to fish upstream Acle Bridge on the 26/7/11. I'm hoping we will both make separate reports. Mine will be linked as ever via the link in my signature to my website and filed in the 'fishing diary' page. ND will choose whatever he feels best suits him I'm sure.

I look forward to others reports in this area.

In advance, I proffer my thanks to all who contribute, the inevitable help that will follow such blogs/reports from all and a plea to all lurkers.

Lurk no more, step forth from the darkness of the ether and share your experience. Half the pleasure is giving, right?

If you have taken advice, acted on reports etc, join up and tell us how YOU found it.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

I would like to support the starting of this thread & hope it grows quickly. The more we get on here, the more we can learn from eachother. As renrag says every little bit on here will help, so keep on posting. Thanks in advance to all posters. If something you read on here helps you, then post to say so. If you find different to what is posted, post a reply. this is a chance for us all to help eachother & create a valuable database of water & fishing details. Don't be afraid to air your veiws & keep posting. As far as I know this will be the first area thread of it's kind, lets make it the standard setter.

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

i have been trying to wright a report for some time now. however i do not know how to upload my photos? can anybody help?

I believe there is a site used to away from this site. Find a report or post with pics as they usually have a footnote on them naming the site. It is a piggy back system. You load to this site then pic & place to this forum & your report / post. trying to work out a report myself for today @ Acle bridge.

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

Acle Bridge

Today Tuesday 26th July 2011

Today started not at Acle but at my local garage, Finished putting my new trolley together. Only to find tyres were sent flat, so along I went to get them pumped up, an airline is easier than a foot pump. Was advised to only put 20psi instead of the max 30psi, as this allows the tyre to flex as used. Just wanted to pass that on first. Then on to Angler's direct store at Norwich, saw me waiting & opened early, very nice. Got some feeders & a pint of maggots 1/2 reds & 1/2 flouro pinks. So off we go. Arrived at about 9.30 & set up & loaded trolley, finished just as Andrew (renrag 39) arrived. We then made our way to the towpath, but had to have a coffee as we went passed. You may think what is this, but it proved very helpful as it gave us the chance to observe our intended fishing spot from an angle, watching this we learnt that the boat channel was across the middle of the river, leaving what I only describe as a cove type area settled from engine disturbance & that only medium boat wash was sweeping across it & it very quickly settled again. This became very useful, as a reading of the water. My thoughts were that the fish would feel the same & shoal up in the day in the calm water, as you will see I was right. Andrew remebered being told that there was a shelf out to the edge of the boat channel, this came in handy later.

Andrew had first rod out by 10.30am & first missed bite by 10.35. It was going to be one of those days & it was.....I was slower as I had no rods made up, but eventually got there with my 3 rods & started about 11am. My setup was Loop riged feeders on swivel links, size 12 hooks to mylon. Andrew was using free running feedre rig, unlike my 'bolt rig' set up. My bait as you know was the maggots. as we prepared our different feeder mixes, we found out we had a difference I was fish meal based & Andrew was Caramel. So as we were both at a new water, a comparison was started. First off it was small roach, well 4-6 oz, then the occasional skimmer to about 12oz. Mostle to start caught by Andrew on worm & corn cocktails. But eventuall I styart to catch as well, slowly catching up with him. Mostly roach & again skimmers. Then the first proper bronzed bream was caught by Anfrew & it looked as if it was just turning bronze as well.

To used to carp lake fishing, I made a right mess of it & drew one line through the other to, ( twice), so all I saw was me with one rod in hand & pannicking as the other two alarms went off. I learnt me lesson & cut down to just 2 rods & kept them apart. Funnily enough I looked over & Andrew had done the same thing, so we were both now on 2 rods. This was beginning to be a great day. Occasionally I had a moan, as I saw rod tip jump about, struck to feel a really heavy lump on it. But as I reeled it in as steadily as I could, I would feel the restistance until the feeder broke surface & like magic, nothing.....Ouch!!! That happened so many times, I was happier when Andrew said he had same thing happening. Over all as many vanished as were landed.

How busy were we. well Imange to eat just 1/2 a cornish by ignoring bites & Andrew just 1/2 a bar of choc. We each managed to grab a coffee just once during the whole day once we started fishing. I do remember saying " What 3 o'clock already?"....

Ok my end thoughts - Water was a sensebile speed, weather was ok, it did try to drizzle a little twice but to no real problem, ( brolley was dry at end), catch was around 40lb between us, probally lost over 20lb, ( a couple showed the signs of close pike attention, but had healed ok), best fuish was the 2-2 1/2 lb bronze Andrew caught. My lessons learnt today, 1) wjen on a river used the space available & spread your rods out. 2) Loop rig is easy to make, but a looose feeder is better as gives more bite indication at rod tip on this water, 3) 2 fishing together makes the day a lot better.

Hope you enjoyed the read. I await to read other reports on this thread.

My report for Acle Bridge now on my site, link in signature for those that don't know.

Was a damn good days fishing! Thanks for your company NorfolkDipper.

Enjoy the report!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue