who's the Culprit

Andy_1984

sitting watching the fish again this morning and could not find the 3 remaining neon tetras.

ive checked in the filter,under filter, behind filter, under rocks, behind rocks but nothing, not even so much as decomposing matter!

i suspect it was one of the rudd but i also have my suspicions on the small tench, but wouldn't have thought small fish would be on a small tench's diet.

The tench did appear to be chasing the neons when i first put him in the tank or at least looked like it was trying to take a half hearted swipe but it hadn't done it for some time.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

One bit of old fishkeeping advice is that if you keep two fish together and one of them could fit in the other's mouth, eventually it will do. Not always true, but not a bad rule to work from!

One bit of old fishkeeping advice is that if you keep two fish together and one of them could fit in the other's mouth, eventually it will do. Not always true, but not a bad rule to work from!

funny you should say that :D

helped a friend set up a new tank after his 3 goldfish got way too big for their 25-30l tank. they were about 6-7" swimming around in yellow, feces filled water <_<

got a new tank and he wanted neons, 100 of them :o advised against it but settled on 10 as he was adamant he wanted them. they were all gone the next day :lol:

im a little concerned about my zebras and now wondering if getting sticklebacks are such a good idea.

its not all bad though ive now got a little more space for a bullhead or flatty :D

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Got to get a Bullhead Andy. Fugly wee buggers. Cool as hell though.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...