River Ribble

draycott

Hi, just joined the site. I am going to be staying near Clitheroe, Lancs. in couple of weeks time. I am looking to find some day ticket stretches on the Ribble and I hope to target Chub & Barbel. I am used to fishing the Severn, Teme and Wye. Any info,regargarding possible stretches, bait and tatics would be much appreciated. CHEERS STEVE.

Hi, just joined the site. I am going to be staying near Clitheroe, Lancs. in couple of weeks time. I am looking to find some day ticket stretches on the Ribble and I hope to target Chub & Barbel. I am used to fishing the Severn, Teme and Wye. Any info,regargarding possible stretches, bait and tatics would be much appreciated. CHEERS STEVE.

http://www.radac.org.uk/html/day_tickets.html

http://www.aspinallarms.co.uk/fishing.html (food and beer here is excellent!)

Alan roe is the man to ask if hestill posts much on here ( sorry been off for a while). Do a search for his post or get a moderator to pm him. It's his home turf.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

you can buy day tickets at the spar in ribchester but you only have a small sectoin to fish,and i think you have to buy the ticket prior to fishing[this might not carry on anymore ,but check]also you can fish the salmsbury section ,buying tickets from the 24 hour garage at the tickle trout hotel,at the m6 junction,were you stand a good chance of a double,make sure you use enough weight to keep your lead from moving and you wont suffer many snags.it cost £5 to fish and you have a larger area to fish,thers also the section called church deeps were im not sure what the ticket situation is anymore,onthat sectoin between melling wood ,about half mile down stream from the tickle trout and church deeps you have bream carp and a good chance of a double barbel and a 6id chub,theres no magic baits but till you no the strech keep your lead fixed to the deck and they will find it,another bit of advice is learn a section they, fish differant in high water,than low,the dace on the stick is picking up,nothing what it used to be.one more thing its all game fishing clubs from below clithroe and above,barbel are there but you wont get a ticket.bait wise keep to the same bait on that sectoin when finished throw a few handfulls in and they will be on it,a good boilie or a couple of eightmm pellets with a heavy feeder filled with damp pellets and hemp.dont go under gunned on set up,or you will wonder whats it you.not much doing during day when running clear ,better just turning dusk and into night

Edited by fishtec1312

Good Grief Phil I have been trying to get hold of you for a while! I though you had vanished off the face of the earth!

Fishtec has supplied all the correct answers. There is not a great deal of day ticket fishing on the Ribble sadly.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

There's also the Bonzai Nurseries stretch upstream of the M6 bridge on the A59 which does day tickets.

The Tickled Trout stretch can be a bit dangerous in terms of getting down to the bank, almost cliff like and treacherous when wet.

Good Grief Phil I have been trying to get hold of you for a while! I though you had vanished off the face of the earth!

Fishtec has supplied all the correct answers. There is not a great deal of day ticket fishing on the Ribble sadly.

Hi Rob, many thanks for the info. Cheers Steve

you can buy day tickets at the spar in ribchester but you only have a small sectoin to fish,and i think you have to buy the ticket prior to fishing[this might not carry on anymore ,but check]also you can fish the salmsbury section ,buying tickets from the 24 hour garage at the tickle trout hotel,at the m6 junction,were you stand a good chance of a double,make sure you use enough weight to keep your lead from moving and you wont suffer many snags.it cost £5 to fish and you have a larger area to fish,thers also the section called church deeps were im not sure what the ticket situation is anymore,onthat sectoin between melling wood ,about half mile down stream from the tickle trout and church deeps you have bream carp and a good chance of a double barbel and a 6id chub,theres no magic baits but till you no the strech keep your lead fixed to the deck and they will find it,another bit of advice is learn a section they, fish differant in high water,than low,the dace on the stick is picking up,nothing what it used to be.one more thing its all game fishing clubs from below clithroe and above,barbel are there but you wont get a ticket.bait wise keep to the same bait on that sectoin when finished throw a few handfulls in and they will be on it,a good boilie or a couple of eightmm pellets with a heavy feeder filled with damp pellets and hemp.dont go under gunned on set up,or you will wonder whats it you.not much doing during day when running clear ,better just turning dusk and into night

Cheers fishtec, thanks for the info,

check out the season ticket of certain clubs theres prince albert which im a member but you are looking at upto 2 years waiying list ,the same with ribchester,but thers warrington and wigan,were you can get a membership for around 50 quid or less which opens up alot more of the river,only problem with many clubs is parking,but its worth the hyke.hope you can get sorted out ,because its one of the best rivers about,for fishing and senery, bar the wye