New Fishing Shop In Exeter, Need Help With A Name??????

Guest Kermit

Guest Kermit

I like that one, also low down in the yellow pages.

I'll let u know on that one, I do like it though.

Thanks

Dean

P.s. I don't know whether it helps but I fish for pike, carp, match? and sea

Guest Hoppers

Allround Fishing

Allround Angling

Absolute Fishing

Absolute Angling

Absolute Tackle

Something along those lines, they are quite high up in the Yellow Pages as well!!!!

Total Tackle

Total Angling Tackle (TAT)

Hoppers

Guest poledark

Cor blimey , I thought I had it in the bag then. Ok what about All Round Angling, if you specify BOLD Letters you will be almost first in the YP lists.

Wonder if your supplier would sell you his name?

I used YP for years for my business and you are right to try to get near the top of the entries but beware dodgy names like

AAA angling as some of my customers said they did not like the sound of them.

I see I'm to late with the new name but I still like it.

[This message has been edited by poledark (edited 02 March 2001).]

Guest danzante

Dean, there's also stirring you in the face

Anglers Net or Fishermans Net.

Danny.

------------------

Guest thecarpangler

What about A.B.I.

Anything But Initials.

Devon ....Angling/Tackle etc etc

(it comes before Exeter in the YP)

Devon Deans Tackle

(DDT for all you wrestling fans)

------------------

Average general angler

aka BIG RIK

mailto:carp.angler@talk21.comcarp.angler@talk21.com

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

How about GO FISHING ???

OR TROGGS TACKLE BOX!!! biggrin.gif (well i thought it was good)

or Angling heaven??

fishermans friend?

anglers attic

all 4 angling

angling 4 all

anglers island

anglers bar

anglers hideout

Alans angling attic

anglers galaxy

bait world

angling u like

OH soddit i dunno confused.gif

anglers lodge

angling lodge

------------------

you've gotta sleep sometime!

Alan (trogg) F

mailto:Alan_Dian@go-fishing.co.ukAlan_Dian@go-fishing.co.uk

Guest chevin
Originally posted by Kermit:

I'm called Dean, I live in Exeter and I'm running out of ideas. Anything u think of wil be considered.

Thanks

Dean Hermitage

"The Dean's Pull-pit"

Guest Kermit

I swear the more that are coming the harder it's going to get, there are hundreds of ideas here now. As I said before I will offer a prize if I use one from here which seems pretty Likely.

Thanks Guys

Dean

Guest matt_shaw

Anglers' Corner would be a good name, not too corney but shows what the shop is selling. Now, this thing about yellow-pages, it dosn't matter. Yellow-pages works in sections, tackle shops, would come under 'fishing tackle' or something. Anglers won't just look for the first shop on the page, they will look through the section, picking out shops near them. Now with this in mind, yellow pages will be used by anglers wanting to find a local tackle shop about 80-90% of the time. You want to look at broadening your customer base in order to reach anglers beyond your current customer base. Your looking to expand and grow. In order for you to do this, marketing is your best tool. I come from a successful business background, we don't own any tackleshops so i'm willing to help.

You first decide on an image you want to portray. Your marketing will then complement this image. So, being a new venture you want to first collect as much market research as possible.

No.1 rule, know your market and know your customers. Segment them and aim marketing towards the various segments. An example could be segmentation through demographics, the young and old angler. Both needs and thus wants are different, mainly due to income, other intrests and family commitments.

Aim marketing through a variety of media i.e. angling magazines (major), angling press (major), local newspapers, national newspapers, internet (major), sponsoring a team and promotional material etc. Look to promote your image via the kind of advert you place, this will depend on your marketing budget.

Look not only at your tangable offerings, ( the ones you can touch), but at your intangable offerings i.e. service, customer care, aftersales service, credit terms, product knowledge. This will increase your goodwil. It will also help reputation.

For example, if your angling team does well, you get free publicity in the angling press. If you start a youth angling club within the community you get good press and a good reputation. Whatever name you choose, that's not the important thing. What is, is your marketing and ability to increase anglers knowledge of your existance. Angling magazines and press, (Mail order or a small advert), and the internet are major gateways to your potential consumers. Hope that helps. If you print your e-mail address i could help further. biggrin.gif

------------------

Happy fishing

-------------

Visit http://www.total-fishing.com

Guest Squimp

Give the prize to that Matt.Shaw bloke.

Theres more good advice in his posting than you will ever generate from a clever name.

So its Dean's Tackle then is it? Sounds disgusting to me.