PAC (only those interested please)

Guest G. Reaper

Guest Billy Noon

Erh! who said it was Frank's meeting then?

If your gonna get a mole, make sure he gets his facts straight!

Me and Steve Tapley called the meeting by mutual agreement,I arranged the date and venue. All Scottish RO's were invited to attend along with various 'ordinary' members for their input. There was no chair or agenda to speak of and before I attended I informed my members of the meeting. I also declined to vote on any issues as I felt that this would have been letting down my membership as I was still their RO at the time and only able to speak for myself.

Mole...yeah right!

Guest Geoff Parkinson

What point is Ray and Frank trying to make? There looks to be a lot of stirring going on with regard to Scottish PAC members, who are more than welcome in PAC. Seems to me that there is a bit of empire building going on.

Guest Neville Fickling

I'm completely lost here! Sure there are going to be disaffected members who are not Scottish. Do you really think it is worth buggering up PAC because of me? If you do, get your carp gear organised because with no effective PAC you'll not be fishing for pike in many waters in 2020! Please mark my words if everything goes pear shaped!

------------------

Neville Fickling

Guest mpbdsnu

UNITY IN ANGLING? NO CHANCE! I'm not a pike angler, but have been known to dabble! In recent weeks there has been a massive call for unity within angling as a whole - we should be remembering this, instead of fighting amongst ourselves.

In my opinion, mistakes made in the past can be learned from and changes in committee are just that - changes - forget past differences and move forward.

Guest waterman1013

"In my opinion, mistakes made in the past can be learned from and changes in committee are just that - changes - forget past differences and move forward."

Well said Malc.

Guest Marcus Aurelius
Originally posted by Bruno Broughton:

I've restisted all temptation to get involved in the PAC/Blithfield/NJF saga... and that ain't gonna alter here.

BUT: I will comment on the NFA/livebaiting scenario. Lest anyone be in ANY doubt, any 'capitulation' on issues such as livebaiting can now come only through the NAA. That body - on which I am one of seven representatives - does not decide anything by voting; it is done by concensus.

There is a strong consensus that the NAA will not campaign against livebaiting. Indeed, to do so for several people around the table (myself included) would represent a bridge way too far.

Whatever the history, livebaiting is not an issue, but the illegal transfer of livos is. We can quite easily defend the former, and will if needs be; imbeciles who continue to do the latter and flout the law can no longer be tolerated or excused.

Full stop!

Nice to know what your reactions would have been to the transportation of trout livebaits to Ireland when the discussions were ongoing with the Irish Fisheries board eh!

Ave!

Guest waterman1013

And I thought the Romans never made it past Hadrians Wall.

As has often been said on these forums, if you don't register and none of us know who you are; what you have to say is wasted. Particularly when, if you are making a point, it means absolutely nothing to the majority of readers.

Guest Leon Roskilly

So, from the silence I take it that there are no clearly defined, well thought through objectives, with a strategy to effectively deliver new benefits?

Is all that drives this, a desire to separate from the corrupt and evil, to follow another path to the same goals?

I fear I now smell the stink of history frown.gif.

A new organisation, born of a new vision with clear goals, with a motivated membership and a visionary leadership can grow and achieve great things – so history shows us.

A splinter group, born in acrimony and dispute usually, after the initial rush of self-rightous enthusiasm, achieves very little, other than to sap the energy and power of both of the splintered – so history shows us.

The splinter group will always be regarded as that, a splinter of the main group. Always jealous, always feeling left behind.

It will take at least another generation to repair the damage, and heal the wounds.

And history usually shows us that is what will happen, in some form, eventually.

So much waste frown.gif.

Tight Lines - leon

Guest Dave Lumb

More rumours.

As far as I am aware, the WHOLE of the PAC's Scottish contingent has not resigned. Certainly not the chap I spoke to yesterday.

Someone is not telling the whole truth here. Again!

Dave Lumb