PC Freezing..

Riley

Very difficult call, temps are higher than I'd want but seem to be in spec for your hardware. Have you had the case open to check that all the fans working. Don't overlook the fan on the Power Supply that's very important.

If they are all working it could be either a Software or Hardware conflict.

If I was in your position (Software or Hardware conflict) I'd back up my files, format the drive and do a clean install of Windows.

I do that annually any way just to get rid of some of the crap I gather, and have my own "workflow" for the re installation of my software. It probably takes longer than it should, but it works for me.

Get the side off and make sure your fans are working and don't forget the one on the PSU.

What part of Corfu are you in? We had a couple of holidays in Ipsos many years ago.

I am in Acharavi , Travel with Friends Corfu; thats me! north coast. Very nice!

Thanks thats in line with my thoughts.

I will double check fans but am pretty sure all ok.

Interestingly you will see a thread back the winter where I was asking about partitioning my hard drive, or not, as I was ready to reinstall on both my pcs. I did one (no partition) and got lazy about the other. looks like this may be pay back! Will a resintall clear a hardware conflict?

Riley

The more people I meet the more I like my dog!

• 2 weeks later...

:D Just in case its useful for anyone else, it seems have been the fan on the psu not working, which had damaged some other bits in the psu with overheating. PC seems to be operating very smoothly now AND my text issue with the graphics card new driver is resolved, someone had suggested to check all connections so seems like dodgy power supply was the problem with that too.

Sorted.

Thanks for input guys and look how cool graphics card is now after hour of running,

Operating System

MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3

CPU

Intel Pentium E2200 @ 2.20GHz 46 °C

Conroe 65nm Technology

RAM

2.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35C-DS3R (Socket 775) 47 °C

Graphics

SyncMaster (1280x768@60Hz)

128MB GeForce 7300 GS (Gigabyte) 72 °C

Hard Drives

244GB Western Digital WDC WD25 00JB-00R SCSI Disk Device (SCSI)

Optical Drives

HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H58N SCSI CdRom Device

Audio

USB Audio Device

Riley

Useful info Riley. Been following your sorry saga but as I could not help kept my sneb out! But glad you sorted it out! Still playing Cricket in Corfu Town?? Was alongside back in early eighties and REALLY enjoyed the hospitality of the people on the island! HMS Newcastle!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Useful info Riley. Been following your sorry saga but as I could not help kept my sneb out! But glad you sorted it out! Still playing Cricket in Corfu Town?? Was alongside back in early eighties and REALLY enjoyed the hospitality of the people on the island! HMS Newcastle!

Yep, cricket is a very important game here we have some good teams, and there is always a friendly when the Navy is in town. Greek hospitality is renowned, its a great and very friendly place to live... and visit!

Riley

Glad you got it sorted out at last, did you have to renew the PSU?

No, replaced fan and damaged parts,

Riley