fishing vs the misses

gazza01

Guest tigger

My wifes not really got a problem with me going fishing in the UK but has drawn the line against the foreign holidays.

She has explained to me the effects of the poisonous plant Hemlock on the human body and how it might accidently find it's way into my favourite meal of beans and eggs on toast ..........so I don't really bother with the foreign fishing trips, it's not really worth the risk !

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found my fishing time limited since becoming a dad.

To be honest it's not a surprise considering I was fishing, running a football team and going to watch Liverpool (I'm a season ticket holder) which pretty much took all of my spare time up.

Something had to give so I'm sharing the season ticket with a friend this year and it will be my last season managing my team. I can cut back on the footy but I need the fishing for my sanity!

The best advice for life I've come across can be found on boxes of matches:

'Keep dry and keep away from children.'

:D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

My wifes not really got a problem with me going fishing in the UK but has drawn the line against the foreign holidays.

She has explained to me the effects of the poisonous plant Hemlock on the human body and how it might accidently find it's way into my favourite meal of beans and eggs on toast ..........so I don't really bother with the foreign fishing trips, it's not really worth the risk !

Tigger you need to explain to her the beauty of tropical shores, the white sand the palm trees, the Bounty bar paradise she will be going to and only tell her when you get there it would be a shame not to go on a fishing trip, after all its part of the package.

Sue, falls for it every time (the fact that she already fishes is beside the point).

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I've found my fishing time limited since becoming a dad.

To be honest it's not a surprise considering I was fishing, running a football team and going to watch Liverpool (I'm a season ticket holder) which pretty much took all of my spare time up.

Something had to give so I'm sharing the season ticket with a friend this year and it will be my last season managing my team. I can cut back on the footy but I need the fishing for my sanity!

I don't have a problem, I just go when I want to :)

I've had Liam bivvied up since he was 9 months old. Just get little one a life jacket and take them with you :thumbs:

I know what you mean about football, I 'retired' at the end of this season coaching & managing Liam's team. I have done it for 5 yrs and it does take up so much of your time.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Guest tigger
Tigger you need to explain to her the beauty of tropical shores, the white sand the palm trees, the Bounty bar paradise

Tony

Tony as I would be going with some m8's she'd be more bothered about the bitches than the beaches. By the way she's stood behind me as I write this :o:unsure::lol:

My problem is it's a balance thing.

Like Rob I am a Liverpool fan. Being North London based means I only see them live 4 or 5 times a year, but the good thing about being in London is you'll always find somewhere that is showing the match, even at 3pm on a Saturday.

I also play cricket in the summer on Wednesdays and Sundays (every other Sunday anyway) and don't want to drop this as a) I love it and B) it's the only thing stopping me from getting fat(ter).

I work in Hammersmith 9.30am til 6pm Mon-Fri.

Add my two kids into the equation, plus the dog (Jack Russell, who would get bored fishing and be too annoying / inquisitive) there isn't much time left. Must go on average once a month at the moment - if that!

And it drives me potty!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Yesterday:

P6223812.jpg

A couple of years back (she caught it)

EloisePike.jpg

My friends daughter at the back caught this a couple of years ago too

6-14.jpg

(well, I cast the lure but they did the hard work)

I've been out on the kayak 45 times since the start of the year - river, broad, estuary and sea - 3 times with my duaghters (3 and 5). yesterday, with one of my girls in the back of the yak and the other with my wife we strolled up to a pub on the waveney and I had 11 pike for the girls to see (3 doubles). My wife saw a kingfisher, a grass snake in the water, we saw swans, ducks and dragonflies. My wife doesn't fish but if you have a nice bit of river and a boat you can include them and they enjoy themselves as much as you.

or do you do fish for peace and quiet? :D

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

As you probably recall, I'm not especially a wet weather angler, either. But I did enjoy hooking into that pike at Wingham. Once retire, large mouth bass will be my passion.

Not got the bug for tiddler snatching with a float rod then, Jan ;) ?

Anything with a big mouth would have to be a city fish, and I'm not a city boy :black_eye: !