Toshiba Regza 32c3035d

I don't suppose I've got a cat in hell's chance of getting an answer to this, but you never know, so here goes...

I have the above television, which is absolutely fine, although it did take me a very long time to sort the picture out. What is incredibly annoying though, si that evry time I switch it on for the first time in the day, it comes up with a "found new channels dialog", and usually has four channels of poor reception strength that are already stored, although not in my favourites. The question is, how on earth dod I stop this happening? It isn't anything to do with an automatic search for new software because that is switched off, but there is nothing about it in the manual and no menu option that seems to cover it. I would imagine this happens with all Toshiba Regza TVs.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I don't suppose I've got a cat in hell's chance of getting an answer to this, but you never know, so here goes...

I have the above television, which is absolutely fine, although it did take me a very long time to sort the picture out. What is incredibly annoying though, si that evry time I switch it on for the first time in the day, it comes up with a "found new channels dialog", and usually has four channels of poor reception strength that are already stored, although not in my favourites. The question is, how on earth dod I stop this happening? It isn't anything to do with an automatic search for new software because that is switched off, but there is nothing about it in the manual and no menu option that seems to cover it. I would imagine this happens with all Toshiba Regza TVs.

So , basically Peter , the set is searching for new channels (as in a brand new installation) everytime you switch it on?

If so , when you switch it off on a night , is it put to standby or at the mains?

If i'm still going down the right track , try switching it to standby overnight and then switching it on as usual. If the annoying process dosen't jump into action in the morning , then it sounds like the tiny lithium battery inside(which holds the mem , a bit like a pc really) the unit is flat. If i'm still on the right track , does the analogue side of the unit hold it's memory?

Hope this helps.

Another thought Peter , assuming that your aerial is working fine and your local transmitter isn't in the middle of preparation for the switchover (Emley moor has been on and off and was completely wiped out the other day) hence low power , then you could always try a factory reset which 'should' wipe the sets memory and start from scratch.

SET UP MENU and navigate down to RESET TV.

This could wipe any glitch it may have picked up in its updates. Barring that , take it back to the shop , i assume it's still in gttee?

Edited by mr motorola

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Thanks Mr M, I should have guessed that you might have had a few ideas. Quite obviously, I should be doing the environmentally friendly thing every night and turning it off at the mains, but the mains switch is slightly awkward to get at and I've heard that standby on these really does use a tiny amount of power.

So yes, I'm leaving it on standby and nearly every morning, but not always, it comes up telling me that these same four channels had been found. I thought that if I did a re-scan, it would put the channels in the channel list and that would be the end of it. It obviously happens overnight, so it is doing something all by itself, just like the automatic new software search, but the first think I did was to make sure that was turned off.

I can't find any official sources of information on this - there is a Toshiba helpline number, but I always regard any kind of helpline as a last resort - I only get an hour for lunch!

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.