Peacock Bass beginners' starter trip

I am taking a few guys Peacock Bass fishing at a great eco-lodge in Brazil later thgis month. Anyone wanting in, please email me for details. Week is 25 August - 1 September.

Steve TFF.

Steve Townson - 'The Fish Finder'
steve@amazon-angler.com
www.Amazon-Angler.com

steve@africa-angler.com

www.africa-angler.com

I am taking a few guys Peacock Bass fishing at a great eco-lodge in Brazil later thgis month. Anyone wanting in, please email me for details. Week is 25 August - 1 September.

Steve TFF.

We have some pretty amazing fishing trips organized for this season. I have one more place left for week October 1st - 8th in the floating camp that I designed and my Brazilian partner and I built. It has a draft of only 4" and can be taken anywhere where others cannot reach. This week will be on a blackwater riverknown for the biggest Peacock Bass I know. In one morning there, I had 2 x 18s, 2 x 20s, 2 x 22s, 1 x 24 and a beautiful 25lb full blown three bar Peacock Bass. This is as exciting as it can get anywhere in the world using topwater lures in freshwater!

An angler can catch over 100 good-sized Peacocks here in a day with a variety of lures from big topwater propbaits, walk-the-dog-style lures, glide/jerkbaits and minnows, jigs and flies.

There are also plenty of big Redtail and Piraiba/Filhote Cats when the going gets tough and you fancy a beer in the cool shade of a tree.

The camp has all the mod cons, from hot running water, ensuite loos, A/C in each room and cabin and delicious food. Cold drinks are available 24/7.

I also have a great week with 2 places left only for January 12th - 19th in the Brazilian Northern Highlands on a really remote and beautiful river in the middle of a restricted Indian reservation. Full of cascades, whitewater, slack areas and side lagoons, and surrounded by wwildlife everywhere you look, this is the fisherman's dream location. We have exclusive access over several hundred miles of this river for 7 weeks and we will be the first in. Our guides are all indians and we have created a very close friendly and working relationship with the two tribes over the last 5 years.

This particular river has never seen any white sportsanglers before apart from our groups of max. 8 people each time. This particular area has not been fished for 3 years so I expecting an excellent trip.

Loads of different Cats to over 500lbs inhabit this water, along with feisty 'Yellow' Peacock Bass by the hundreds to 18lbs, the fanged Silver missile Payara to 36lbs, Giant Traiarão or Aimara to 50lbs, Black Piranhas to over 8.5lbs and more!! There are also fruit and nut eating Pacu, Pike-like Bicuda, coarse fish, the whole bundle.

This one is a really special multi-species Amazon trip and has to be the most exciting we offer from all our destinations.

Apart from lures, bait and cutbait, this is also a fly-fisherman's dream with a whole variety of predators willing to play ball! Last trip on this clearwater river, I caught over 100 Peacocks from the 'rock gardens' in two days to 14lbs!

This is more of a hardcore fishing trip and may not be suitable for some children. It's not roughing it by any means, but it doesn't have all the mod cons like A/C and is really remote. We have clean, tidy camps with comfortable tents and facilities and great kitchen set-ups and of course the freezer for cold beers and other drinks!!

Anyone interested in joining me on any of these weeks, please send me an email - address below, and I will send you all the links, details, logistics, photos, etc.

After each trip I will post a story with the results and some pics for all to see how we do.

Steve TFF.

Steve Townson - 'The Fish Finder'
steve@amazon-angler.com
www.Amazon-Angler.com

steve@africa-angler.com

www.africa-angler.com