A little fun with Google Earth

Newt

I call this Google Earth location, "Run little ship, run". You may need to zoom in or out a bit to see the traffic.

run-little-ship-run.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Lots of people have looked at the topic. Has anyone actually looked at that bit of very crowded waterway and the one smallish boat running across the normal flow of traffic?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ziggy, Big Jeff - it's a screen shot of the coordinates but you need to key them in.

Try 29 58.5975 N, 121 59.4915 E

It is a really busy bit of river in China with all sorts of large cargo vessels heading south and one smaller ship moving east through the middle of them. You may have to zoom out a little bit and look a little to the north.

Nope I can't find the bit of earth that you mean either.

Jeff

No nor me, just an empty bit of ocean somewhere to the west of Guadelupe!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Ziggy, Big Jeff - it's a screen shot of the coordinates but something went strangely wrong.

It was supposed to be a really busy bit of river in China with all sorts of large cargo vessels heading south and one smaller ship moving east through the middle of them. When I keyed in the coordinates just now, it took me to an empty bit of ocean just off the California coast.

Darn. No way I can find that one again either. I was checking out the area of a typhoon and lucked upon that bit of screen.

Don't worry – it's still there! Kind of like a shipping version of Frogger!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29%C2%BA58%2...mp;t=h&z=15

Ziggy, Big Jeff - it's a screen shot of the coordinates but you need to key them in.

Try 29 58.5975 N, 121 59.4915 E

It is a really busy bit of river in China with all sorts of large cargo vessels heading south and one smaller ship moving east through the middle of them. You may have to zoom out a little bit and look a little to the north.

Silly question!! How do you key in the degree symbol??

I've traveled with my mouse to a point at those bearings that's in the pacific just off Baja California, nothing there, perhaps it's sunk??

Baja would be at 121° West. This is at 121° East. Google Earth doesn't need the degree, minute, second marks.

29 58.5975 N, 121 59.4915 E will work fine.

ships-2.jpg

ships-1.jpg