Budleigh Salterton

surreyangler

Hi,

My Dad has just moved to Budleigh, so i can see a lot of family holidays being based there and i'm after a bit of fishing advice.

I'd like to know the best tactics from the beach and baits etc.

Also be interested in fishing trips organised from there or surrounding area.

Ta

john

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

My Dad has just moved to Budleigh, so i can see a lot of family holidays being based there and i'm after a bit of fishing advice.

I'd like to know the best tactics from the beach and baits etc.

Also be interested in fishing trips organised from there or surrounding area.

Ta

john

Feathering from the beach for mackeral, live sandeel (bought from Exmouth) for bass or a spoon/plug at the river mouth, and boats from Exmouth (Mike Baker?) or the better choice in the South hams or Weymouth.

You've got beautiful beaches all along East Devon and Dorset with a wide variety of ground and species to mention, nothing amazing but nothing rubbish either! Bass fishing around the estuaries is probably the best, in my book anyway!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Cheers for the reply.

Had a go Saturday morning, spinnign off the beach and around the estuary without any luck - i'll give it a go again in a few weeks.

Have you got any tips for which sort of lures, plugs, spoons or jellies might work best for bass there?

Ta

john

• 2 weeks later...
In nearby Exmouth there is a good tackle shop in "The Strand". Always good for up to date information , bait and everything.

I like abu Toby's at this time of year, mimics sprats and catches bass, gar and mackeral easy to cast too. I use the 28gr silver. Good all round lure. Cheap copies are available that aren't so expensive if you loose them, but don't expect them to last!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

be carefull on what part of the beach you venture on to, theres a nudist part to budleigh beach with goings-on that can't be mentioned on here in one particular part of it :o:o:oops::oops:

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.