The Scum Have Surfaced

Bruno Broughton

I'm not a traitor to our sport, but just thought i'd have a look at the pillocks web site www.keeponfighting.crap.trash.****. What a load of rubbish. They are now planning to protest about 50 baloons being released to comemmorate the soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq. Siting that if the ballons land in the sea they cause damage to sea life.

Does anyone have a good virus we could alledgedly send to them. :D

god those poeople annoy me.

ah well i think ill plan my weekend of hooking fish and lifting them (gently) out of the water then carefully taking the tiny barbless hook out and releasing them back to whence they came

cheers,

rich

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Elborn - fancy cutting and pasting, and posting it somewhere??? :D

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

The suggestion that people could go and sit by the lakes without fishing, to enjoy nature, put a smile on my face.

Would the lakes actualy be there in the first place without anglers?.

What would the rivers be without angling?.

I would give good odds that they would turn into boating canals.

Like has already been said if you are only willing to see one side of an argument, nothing will change your mind.

The funniest thing is that these people are university students.

With minds that closed how do they hope to learn anything?.

.........Liam

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

Liamsm:

The suggestion that people could go and sit by the lakes without fishing, to enjoy nature, put a smile on my face.

It's a bit like saying that people go out for a night at a restuarant just to chew, so they might just as well buy a packet of chewing gum.

Absolutely no understanding at all of the full experience that angling brings (or rather more accurately they have a warped understanding!)

Anglers are not just there observing the environment, they are fully interacting with the environment, their senses sharpened by their interaction, so that they see far, far, more than a casual observer, and feel the need to learn about what they see and experience far, far, more than someone just sitting there.

By the way, I once had an anarchist friend who was always banging on about the need to 'educate' people brain-washed by the establishment.

We educate, they brainwash!

We put out information, they put out propaganda!

Her thinking certainly educated me :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Angry, ranting and increasingly desperate. I put a post up that made a similar point to Leon's which they didn't respond to, but came up with this instead

Why are you shooting in the wrong direction?

Authored by: Toad on Friday, August 15 2003 @ 02:10 AM BST

In the Argus newspaper that night there was a photograph of a child with his father. The youngster was holding his rod and at the end of the line, just hanging there was a fish.

The Environment Agency and Council stated that the aim of the day was to educate people as to how to angle responsibly and properly.

It certainly seemed that they failed to do this in as much as there was no landing net used in this catch as was advised.

If they cant get such a basic technique right and for people to follow their advice I dread to think what damage may be done in the longterm.

The fish in question looked like a Rudd of about 2oz!

The reason that I kept up this correspondence (apart from the fact that I have a bit of a political nature and enjoy a tussle sometimes) was not to try and convert them but to take advantage of an opportunity they provided to put forward a coherent (or at least I hope it was coherent) pro-angling message where it might be picked up by more casual visitors. I dare say that the majority of the 140 hits the thread has received (as opposed to the usual 1 or 2) were from the likes of us, but perhaps if at least just one of them was from a potential recruit it might cause them to think.

Something which I am the process of discussing with people involved in the regeneration project I work for in Brighton, is the possibility of setting up a Coarse Angling club which would look to local kids for a big part of its membership and would provide some teaching with maybe some of us training for PAA qualification. We are also talking about maybe setting up a scheme similar to the one in Durham and the one featured in the this weeks Times Educational Supplement in Hull, which use angling as a way of working with young people and encouraging them to engage in education and so on. Of course, the likes of Chris and Toad could be a bit of a problem for us, but I think we are all big, ugly and poitically astute enough to be able deal with them.

We may at some point look to visit some of these schemes (although if we go to Hull I am actively campaigning for a return journey via one of the Yorkshire rivers), so if anybody would like to pass on any contacts they think we might find useful, they would be very gratefully receivied.

[ 16. August 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Bill Eborn ]