The Scum Have Surfaced

Bruno Broughton

If the facts as reported are accurate then every parent of every child in attendance should be lobying there local MPs, Senior Police figures and media sources to take the matter further.

We all acknowledge that the immature and agressive actions of intimidation only show those concerned to be lacking in the intelligence needed to put forward an articulate, structured argument in defense of their cause (Lucky for us that they don't or else more people may actually start to listen to them). But what concerns me more is the suggestion that photographs of the children participating were being taken. What use would they have of those?

I don't wish to elaborate too much, but parents - such as myself - in schools up and down the country were banned from taking photographs of their children and their childrens friends taking part in nativity plays this christmas, and many swimming pools now ban photographic equipment, just in case the pictures fall into the wrong hands. And here, we have a case of openly agressive individuals with no respect for emotions or well being of youngsters openly snapping away?

It must be taken further by the relevant authorities.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite what is said on their website on www.keeponfighting.net their filming of cars and children enraged one of the parents (not unnaturally). When the police arrived the two legged it in different directions. The police chased - and caught - the one who had the camera, to find that it had no film in it. The identity of both people is known.

It is not clear if this was a ruse, whether the film was slipped to the other person (who was not apprehended), or dumped mid-chase for collection later.

I understand that the police have not charged the two people.

I think it best that I do not put any more information on here.

[ 08. August 2003, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Broughton ]

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

OH MY GOD ......i've heard it all now, its blatantly obvious that the people concerned were not at all interested in the cause they claim to support! anti-angling? cruelty to fish?

How about throwing rocks into the lake for 90 mins to stress the fish damage there habitat and almost certainly terrify 100 school childrenhalf to death..

Compared to this band of lunatics football hooligans almost look favourable. god!! it makes me mad :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: and churns my stomach hope. I truly hope that this lunacy will end abruptly.

fat, stupid hobbit.

Webbo:

Here you go as released from the Countryside Alliance:

Anything on this on the websites of other organisations that claim to represent anglers?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

None of this can possibly be true !!!!!

Its just propaganda being punted about by the Countryside Alliance.

Ain,t that right, Peter ?

No doubt all the Organisations, Associations and Groups, that represent Anglers will be responding ...........eventually. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

wish I'd have been there.....hmmm top section of pole, few pole floats....blowpipe.....

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Copied this in from the Argus website, well done to them for this editorial I reckon.

First published on Friday 08 August 2003:

Protest shame

IT SHOULD have been a family event in which young children were taught how to fish responsibly at a peaceful pond in Coombes, near Lancing.

Instead animals rights protesters tried to scare the fish away using high-pitched horns and chucking stones in the water.

The anglers they were targeting do not harm or eat the fish and even attend to them if they are ill.

They are trying to educate young children to enjoy the sport and savour the joy of the countryside.

In this sorry episode, the protesters have shown themselves to be ignorant bigots who care nothing about spoiling other people's pleasure to pursue their blinkered views.

All they have done is spoil a good day out and put off any people who might have supported their cause.

Bruno

I have always thought one of our strongest cases is what the 'opportunity cost' to the environment of anglers not fishing would be. Do you know of any research of this type and if there is none is there any chance of anybody doing some?

[ 10. August 2003, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Bill Eborn ]