The Scum Have Surfaced

Bruno Broughton

Fair play to you Chesters.Any of the waters I have baillifed or ran I have always had to pick up litter.Part of the job unfortunately.As is trying to catch the culprits and educate them.Sadley I see many waters these days where the baillif just poses around all day dropping his litter too.What an example for the youngsters eh? What realy grips me is that by calling themselves anglers these dirty bastards tar the likes of us with the same brush.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you say Chesters, the litter issue is our achilles heel, but also precisely why we need teach ins like these.

Tony, I read through the threads on their site and cannot see where the alleged threats were that made them stop anonymous comments, so I registered and posted them anyway. Perhaps more of us could this, but please, please don't give them ammunition by making your arguments less than peaceful.

The litter issue is a Big problem, walk down any high street crap everywhere, pepole's attitude's don't change because they are in the countryside they continue to litter, I hate to sound a defeatist, and slag me of for saying this, I think until people's attitude changes and littering and it is viewed by society as a whole as really anti-social thing to do, it will be a problem, and It will be down to the minority of good Angler's to continue clearing up the crap, bellive me it is a minority

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Bill thanks for reading the thread, the reason I have not registered to continue to press the guy on the issue,is the fact they will say to the press, M.P's, they have so many people registerd to thier website which will indicate a support base of x amount people who object to angling so really the fewer pro angler's who register the better mate.

regards Tony

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Cheers Tony

Unless that is so many of us register and comment it completely knackers their stats! Reading through their theads it doesn't actually seem all that popular, this afternoon there seems only to have been and someone called Adrian online and a guest (yourself perchance?).

By the way I'm down to your neck of the woods, the week after next, camping in a friends garden at Cowley Bridge. It's been a long time since I have fished a river I can really get stuck into with a trotting set up (so I'll be very rusty) and I'm really looking forward to getting an Exeter and District ticket and getting in there.

Cheers

Bill

[ 10. August 2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Bill Eborn ]

Sorry to move back to the subject of litter, but it is a problem that has been going on for ... wel ... ever really. However, it is not just anglers, but unfortunately we get the blame. I have seen walkers, people feeding the ducks, even farm workers chucking stuff into the river / bankside. It is always 'our' problem though. When will the weeklies actually start saying this ? - ok, admit we need to get our own house in order, but start pointing out the problems caused by others.

I walked over a bridge the other day and looked into the river below ... 5 (yes five) shopping trolleys and 2 bikes. I suppose that was anglers too ...... :mad:

Bill, try the town stretch just below The Mill on the Exe pub, fishing it's head of at the moment, their are some new flats being built at the begining of the flood defence just in front of them you will see a small mound of shingle 5yrds out, wade out and trot from thier, for good bags of Roach, Dace, perch, odd Chub.

Regards Tony

[ 10. August 2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

It's funny that they whine about freedom of speech and freedom of choice then they make you have to register, effectively showing support for them in order to have your say. Not only that, I for one wouldn't want these extremists having my details. You never know what to expect through your letterbox. They are the ones trying to deny law abiding citizens the right to participate in a perfectly legal sport just because they don't agree with it.

Like that Chris ******** said about letting kids know the good and bad side of the sport, when asked if after having both sides put them, as long as a reasoned decision was made whether or not youngsters would then wish to fish, would they then respect their decision? The answer - no. Basically, you can have all the facts, but you still aren't allowed 'cos some lettuce muncher doesn't agree with it. Freedom of choice? In a democracy, outrageous. This prick has had hardly any responses to his bull and has locked it up because he can't accept someone has an opinion different to his own and is prepared to challenge him on it.

I too don't recall seeing any threats of violence towards him on the site. Still, the rest of their 'facts' and 'information' are bullshit, so a bit more won't make any difference will it??