Digital thermometers

Andy_1984

after my rudd smashed the glass thermometer im thinking it could easily happen again and dont fancy having to find more broken glass im thinking a digital one may be more suitable.

anyone used them in conjunction with a glass one and how accurate they think they are.

p.s. thankfully the only thing that escaped the thermometer was glass.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

why would you need a thermometer at all unless you can cool the water artificially?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

a finger would do that :D

in a typical house the cooling should be continual the cooler will have a thermostat

i used to use those stick on fridge thermometers ,the plastic thin things not the liquid filled ones ,strange thing is i cant even find one for my fridge any more

AH here.do you mean this type or a battery powered one? i find these only last a couple of years then stop working and ofcourse these are not any good in cold water (hence the identical type but meant for a fridge versions i am after)

http://www.ocreef.com/aquabuddies_stick_on...ter?tab=reviews

the stick on sensor battery powered versions should last

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

looks fine and as it can be used in a marine environment means its robust ,could be a problem with the wire if you have condensation covers but nothing that cant be overcome

dont ever use them if you ever keep oscars though ,the fun they would have with that wire :D

Edited by chesters1

looks fine and as it can be used in a marine environment means its robust ,could be a problem with the wire if you have condensation covers but nothing that cant be overcome

dont ever use them if you ever keep oscars though ,the fun they would have with that wire :D

thanks chesters :thumbs:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 5 weeks later...

I don't there a single reason why you need to know the temp Andy. It stays pretty much ambient in relation to the living room temp anyway.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...