Forty Foot Drain - Swineshead Bridge

RPM

Morning all, long time no see.

Just a quickie to see if anyone had an intelligence on this water. I passed it yesterday on my way to Noirfolk and I am keen to give it a try. The main stuff I can find suggests that its good for piking and zander but what about the coarse fishing?

Do I need a pre paid permit or is it bankside? What are the best tactics?

I am keen to have a go this weekend starting very early so are there any restrictions on times etc.

Cheers

Richard

All I can advise is do a search for mid to south lincolnshire fishing clubs, then check their sites for waters & email them to find out more. Other than that set up start fishing & see who comes along, bailiff, angler, ect. Another way is to go to local tackle shop, yet another search. Good luck.

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

• 1 month later...

Hi Richard

Sorry, a bit late in replying to your thread. I used to fish the Forty Foot regulary up until two years ago. I found that fishing at night produced the best results. I had good catches of Bream, Tench and Zander. There are some big Carp present near the new bridge west of Ramsey along with the Roach, Rudd etc....

Darrell