Northumberland ifca EGM

There is absolutly no legislation, laws, rules or obligation for any rsa to provide any information what so ever, no law breaking, obstruction or diddly squat, to enforce you to.

That aside, the only stock that the e u can have any use for at the moment are the cod stocks, forget the bass count down the west or the shark count as the rsa have no impact on either of those. Now you have to agree that the cod stock at present are improving, yes or no. Answer that one truthfully and you will have your answer with regards to the pointless and wasteful excercise that the e u are imposing. Every e u country is contracting, yet the eu are looking to waste taxpayers money. Yes it's political, it can't be anything else. What use is it to the rsa. Still want to consider joining in with the count. You say you have spoken to lots of anglers have they looked at both the positive and the negative, if so, arn't they asking questions as well as to the point of this e u count?

So if I was fishing on the beach and a fisheries officer was to walk up to me and say “ routine inspection can I have a look at your catch” and while I am here I will take a few details off you” so your saying that I don’t have to say anything to the fisheries officer?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I was fishing on the beach and a fisheries officer was to walk up to me and say “ routine inspection can I have a look at your catch” and while I am here I will take a few details off you” so your saying that I don’t have to say anything to the fisheries officer?

I am talking about this fish count, now if you was to have a few undersized fish it may be a little different, regarding the count there is absolutly no obligation what so ever.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I am talking about this fish count, now if you was to have a few undersized fish it may be a little different, regarding the count there is absolutly no obligation what so ever.

Yes I understand that Barry. I would imagine that this new survey would be voluntary. I am reading through the drew report, (finding it fascinating) will get back to you when I have finished.

I believe that a fisheries officer has the powers to stop any angler (salt water or fresh water) and ask him certain questions, but I wouldn’t think for one moment that he has the power to ask him to take part in a voluntary questionnaire. Still he could get name and address etc by using his powers but I would imagine that it would be a long drawn out job. The drew report certainly went the full hog in there questionnaire.

Flapper.

As and when or if, hopefully this errr count gets underway it will be by paid employees, not fishery officers and they will have no power of enforcement to collect anything off you, so you can say what you like.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

As and when or if, hopefully this errr count gets underway it will be by paid employees, not fishery officers and they will have no power of enforcement to collect anything off you, so you can say what you like.

Think I read somewhere that it’s going to be fisheries officers. Is it not apart of the coastal access act?

Flapper.

Think I read somewhere that it’s going to be fisheries officers. Is it not apart of the coastal access act?

Flapper.

Voluntary, the government are the only ones to be penalised if the eu don't get their count. cod in the north sea and the eastern channel, bass in the west, due to a political row and sharks. That is all that is compulsory for the uk government, and no one else. There is one ifca who recons they are going to keep it in house, i.e. use their own people, however it will be for shore anglers and private boat owners and again it will NOT be compulsory to provide this info. This is where there is now a split between the uk's anglers, it's totally political, the eu are to manage the charter boat guys and skippers, while the rest will be by defra and co. What a b@@dy shambles, and in the name of what, absolutly disgusting as far as i can see, with no benifit to any angler what so ever.

Voluntary, the government are the only ones to be penalised if the eu don't get their count. cod in the north sea and the eastern channel, bass in the west, due to a political row and sharks. That is all that is compulsory for the uk government, and no one else. There is one ifca who recons they are going to keep it in house, i.e. use their own people, however it will be for shore anglers and private boat owners and again it will NOT be compulsory to provide this info. This is where there is now a split between the uk's anglers, it's totally political, the eu are to manage the charter boat guys and skippers, while the rest will be by defra and co. What a b@@dy shambles, and in the name of what, absolutly disgusting as far as i can see, with no benifit to any angler what so ever.

Hi Barry, I think that the MMO and ifcas will be doing the count, who else would be asked to do it?

http://www.cefas.defra.gov.uk/our-science/...ea-angling.aspx

Looks as if the ifca, s are going to have to manage (if any) legislation in the future regarding rsa.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/news/2011/07/15/sea-angling-survey/

Flapper.

Defra are running the show, cefas have been employed by defra to do, organise the count, they will arrange for surveyors, based at the ifca offices for the shore anglers and private boat owners, The mmo will do the charter boats. All of the info will go to cefas, then on to defra finally, the e u if they mange to get that far. Nice and simple, so as you can see it ain't jobs for the boys. Hats off to that lot, they have created a nice, easy cost effective solution to the assist with rsa 'problems' don't you think? :rolleyes:

The new ifca's can only go out to six mile. The mmo control anything outside of that. So all rsa will be bounced around by the two.

So you can see my reticence when it comes to those affecting the fit and healthy rsa with a management conglomerate that is a minefeild and can only be set up in the public sector as privatly they would be classed as a pantomine.

Brings me back to one of my favorite sayings i only want to go fishing, but the government won't let me. :)

Defra are running the show, cefas have been employed by defra to do, organise the count, they will arrange for surveyors, based at the ifca offices for the shore anglers and private boat owners, The mmo will do the charter boats. All of the info will go to cefas, then on to defra finally, the e u if they mange to get that far. Nice and simple, so as you can see it ain't jobs for the boys. Hats off to that lot, they have created a nice, easy cost effective solution to the assist with rsa 'problems' don't you think? :rolleyes:

The new ifca's can only go out to six mile. The mmo control anything outside of that. So all rsa will be bounced around by the two.

So you can see my reticence when it comes to those affecting the fit and healthy rsa with a management conglomerate that is a minefeild and can only be set up in the public sector as privatly they would be classed as a pantomine.

Brings me back to one of my favorite sayings i only want to go fishing, but the government won't let me. :)

Good God Barry you are starting to sound like a commercial fisherman. :)