First Fishing Kayak!

witticles

Well after months of deliberation, hesitation, reading articles, blogs, try outs and general good old fashioned in decision i have finally made the plunge!

I am picking my first kayak up on the 20th August and have opted for the prowler elite 4.1.

i have some small amount of past kayak experience but not a lot. So my first few goes will be on my next holiday which happens to be at Rockley park at the shallow end of Poole harbor. Perfect i thought for building general paddle skills, maneuvers and generally jumping in off the yak and getting back on.

i may attempt a little fishing nearer the end of the week with some basic kit just to get a feel.

Just open to suggestions really and general comments about my choice of yak and the area i am visiting.

thanks

Well after months of deliberation, hesitation, reading articles, blogs, try outs and general good old fashioned in decision i have finally made the plunge!

I am picking my first kayak up on the 20th August and have opted for the prowler elite 4.1.

i have some small amount of past kayak experience but not a lot. So my first few goes will be on my next holiday which happens to be at Rockley park at the shallow end of Poole harbor. Perfect i thought for building general paddle skills, maneuvers and generally jumping in off the yak and getting back on.

i may attempt a little fishing nearer the end of the week with some basic kit just to get a feel.

Just open to suggestions really and general comments about my choice of yak and the area i am visiting.

thanks

I have had a sot yak for the last 2 years, i would go on a yak course, there show you how to get back on your yak after you have fallen off & all the safety stuff that you should know before going in the sea.

Once you get used to it its fantistic, you will enjoy the more you use it. tight lines.