Fox after sales service.......

Rob Ward

I have a set of three Fox SXV alarms and have had them for years now.

They've been great up until recently when they don't work intermittently, I've got the same problem on all three so I decided to see if I could get Fox to look at them.

I can send the alarms in to Fox who will repair them and return them to me for £27.50 a piece! :o

I don't know whether to just go for new alarms but they cost me a few quid then and they're vibration sensing so I use them for Piking as well as general Coarse and Carp fishing.

What do others think?

Edited by Rob Ward

I have a set of three Fox SXV alarms and have had them for years now.

They've been great up until recently when they don't work intermittently, I've got the same problem on all three so I decided to see if I could get Fox to look at them.

I can send the alarms in to Fox who will repair them and return them to me for £27.50 a piece! :o

I don't know whether to just go for new alarms but they cost me a few quid then and they're vibration sensing so I use them for Piking as well as general Coarse and Carp fishing.

What do others think?

Sounds familiar Rob. Several of my friends who are in the tackle trade have all said that Fox are the worst company they have ever dealt with. I know a couple of reps and they couldn't be any nicer blokes, but it's like they're constantly having to deal with idiots higher up the ladder!

Get yourself a set of these with the money they're going to charge you for the repairs...

http://www.goodfishing.ltd.uk/

Steve Burke told me about them and they're brilliant. British made and top quality for the money. The website leaves a bit to be desired but the alarms are great.

James

"if i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer!"

How much were they new? If thy're servicing them and returning you what is, basically, a new alarm, then it may not be a bad offer!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thats ridiculous! Fair play to Dellareed (the origonal Optonic manufacturers) they used to service/repair/modify their alarms at a well reasonable price.Many years ago I had four serviced (none were working when sent off) brighter LED's fitted and heavy duty,longer leads fitted. It took a week and includiong postage cost less than youve been quoted for one Fox alarm! Electrical components cost pence and if you take a look in most alarms there aint a lot in them!

Ask around your mates as anyone with a basic electrical knowledge would be able to sort them for you.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Annoying as it is, I'd pay the money and get them fixed. Other alarms like the Micron M and the Good Fishing ones are good (I have both) but they're not vibration sensing like yours are. The alternative, if you want something comparable, is replacing them or buying delkims, both of which cost proper money. If you're not fussed about replacing like with like, get some Micron Ms for about £20 each.

(Incidentally, the GF ones aren't quite as sensitive as the Microns, but are cheaper and have tone settings.)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

How much were they new? If thy're servicing them and returning you what is, basically, a new alarm, then it may not be a bad offer!

The RRP was originally around the £80 mark but I bought them as a set of three complete with transmitter and sounder box for somewhere between £150 and £200.

Edited by Rob Ward

Sounds familiar Rob. Several of my friends who are in the tackle trade have all said that Fox are the worst company they have ever dealt with. I know a couple of reps and they couldn't be any nicer blokes, but it's like they're constantly having to deal with idiots higher up the ladder!

Nothing changes with some companies, I had a mate who ran a tackle shop a few years ago and he once had 50% of his Fox Chairs returned with faults either in the stitching or the welded leg sections.

I bought one of these faulty chairs when the leg weld parted and when I wrote to Fox mentioning this I got a rude reply from them telling me how good their chairs were and basically calling me a liar. They also told me that their customer support was really great. (Huh??)

If they didn't sell some other really good tackle I wouldn't have touched them with a bargepole.

I thought their customer support had since changed their attitude but reading what James has said; it seems that not much has changed since the company produced supermarket trollies.

However Rob; the cost of the repair to your alarms seems fair considering the original price you paid for them.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

The RRP was originally around the £80 mark but I bought them as a set of three complete with transmitter and sounder box for somewhere between £150 and £200.

At £20 plus VAT for a refurb, I'd say it's definitely worth considering. I realise that it's fashionable to slate tackle producers, but I pay around £65 + VAT per hour for car repairs, and then have to pay parts. If they're offering parts and labour for £20, it isn't bad.

Just my humble opinion.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE