lure conditions?

Guest jonn

Guest jonn

confused.gifbiggrin.gif

ok, have any of you got idea's on the best weather conditions to lure fish/spin? do different species get affected in different ways by changes in the weather?

i hope to fish for perch, pike, chub and trout in the next few days, so what would be the best weather for this kind of fishing?

can fish detect rising pressure, falling pressure etc. do they favour overcast conditions or hot and sunny. confused.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest Pinkeye

Huge subject here!

Fish seem to have the ability to detect air pressure, I am of the understanding that high pressure ( which is steady ) is best for all forms of fishing.

Alistair Rawlings is very big on what he calls "triggers" and he does include air pressure and moon phases in his theories. I know he has a web site and I'm sure someone will come on here and post it for you.

Guest Richard Harvey

Hi John, with the hot sunny weather we have had for a while i have found that my local Pike etc seem to hide up dury the bright sunshine,(Perch too)i catch in the mornings up till about 10.oo and then like the Pike i go and sunbath and return to the water after 7-8.00 pm when the sun is going off the water.I'm now catching Pike well on surface lures in the evenings into the dark, great fun. On my still waters the Perch seem to turn up when they want to but i usually have more luck targeting them on the river once it opens, same with the Chub.Like one of the other replyers has said ,yours was quite a big question! Best thing is just go out and try for yourself, i lure fish all year round and catch/blank equally in summer or winter..Richard.

Guest Tim Kelly

This is a very big bag of worms. Alistair Rawlings has some definate theories as Mark said, but I think they apply more to bait fishing than lures. There seem to be almost no rules worth following other than to get out whenever you can and try. The only time I've found absolutely hopeless is on one of those clear blue sky winter days after an overnight frost, though come to think of it a friend had his first twenty on one of those days......

Good fishing

Tim

Guest Richard Harvey

Oh yes, i also believe in the saying ' When the wind is in the West the catch is Best!'

But it doesn't always work out like that!!

Guest Peter Waller

Any day and any condition has to be worthwhile, its just that some conditions and some days are better than others!

Guest Keith Finn

Jonn,

With my fishing skills on the lure and spinners as of lately, I can honestly state,

" No matter what the weather conditions, the mood of the fish, the direction of the wind or even the the Moons pull on the earth. "

I still never catch nothing!!!!

I have been to the Lake, not too far from where I live, quite a lot fishing for the hundreds of Pike that are supposed to inhabit this Lake.

and guess what?. Not even a sniff of a take, a run or even seen small flying out the water.

Keith

Guest Pinkeye

Keith,

It's definately an art that lure fishing mularky.

Just like you I can thrash the water to foam with constant casting and retrieval and ultimately I seem to catch next to nothing either!!

I bought a spinner bait as they seem to have no special skills needed, just a cast and steady retrieve, nothing!!

Could one of you lure boys out there give us failing anglers a tip or two as to where we might be going wrong?

Guest jonn

pinkeye and keith,

all the advice i can give you is to keep changing retrieve speeds, action exerted, such as darting and stopping or a fast ripping retrieve.

keep trying on that, and you should find a good technique on the day. keep chopping and changing lures as well. frequency of this is your choice.

good luck.