Tench Baits

Guest Elton

Guest Gray-Catchpole

i have just read Jim Gibbinsons article, very interesting stuff, i notice corn came in as an also ran, right im off down the local pig farm biggrin.gif

------------------

Email:

Guest darrell.cook

Definately a favourite summer species for me.

Most reliable baits for me have been double red maggot and sweetcorn.Often fished over "Stench" groundbait.

Bought some jars of flavoured and coloured giant sweetcorn in France,bright orange and red,Tutti frutti and strawberry flavoured.Looking forward to trying them on the canal tomorrow,How are you fixed Gray?

Guest Alan Pearce

The popped up maggots I mentioned earlier have in the past three weeks given me 17 tench between 7 and 9 pounds. Then again yesterday two other big fish of 8lbs-10ozs and 9lbs-07ozs. Of course the fish have to be there to start with, but what a result. Other anglers fishing baits on the bottom are not getting anything. Why not try it on your waters and let me know how you get on.

Alan.

[This message has been edited by Alan Pearce (edited 10 June 2001).]

Guest darrell.cook

Alan,what a superb catch.

Most of my tench fishing is done with the pole,with my bait laid on the bottom.Do you think my catch record would improve if I held the bait a few inches off the bottom?

Guest Steve Burke

The "big four" for me are lobworm, corn, maggots and bread. That's not in any order as I don't think there's any best bait, just the best on the day. This weekend the only bait they wanted at Wingham was lobworm - but it did produce me a beaut of 9-04!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Richard Harvey

Four or five times a year i like to put my lure rods down and do a little bit of

'Gnome Fishing' for summer tench through the night.

The last several years i have had best results on Red Strawberry sweetcorn and the small Esterberry bollies that i hair rig two or three on a 10/12 hook.

Tight lines , Richard.

Guest big tinca

My favorite tench bait has to be plain old luncheon meat.

Personally i find plain stuff the best because of the meaty smell the meat emmits and thats what the tench seem to home in on!

------------------

Happy Tenching.

Big Tinca.

bigtinca@hotmail.com

Guest RAY OWEN
Originally posted by Elton:

I'll be adding an article by Jim Gibbinson on his 8 favourite tench baits later today. Before I do, let's hear your favourites and see if they match.

Tight lines,

Elton