Strange catch

DavidWliilamson

On more then one occasion I have had fish take an unbaited hook when checking my float cocked correctly.

Once In a very hard match a friend had a very nice bend in the rod with a few mins to go before the whistle.

Thinking he had a match winning fish he was shocked to land a Terrapin!!!!

Sea fishing - I have caught allsorts - crisp packets, plastic cups, whelks, condoms and even a starfish.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

On more then one occasion I have had fish take an unbaited hook when checking my float cocked correctly.

Once In a very hard match a friend had a very nice bend in the rod with a few mins to go before the whistle.

Thinking he had a match winning fish he was shocked to land a Terrapin!!!!

Sea fishing - I have caught allsorts - crisp packets, plastic cups, whelks, condoms and even a starfish.

Couldn't he weigh the terrapin in? :)

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Fishing with a small plug for perch/chub on a small local river, thought I got snagged up on a branch or carrier bag etc, just dead weight.

Got it all the way to my feet(standing on a bridge, only about 2ft above the water), and up pops a bloated sheep with my plug firmly in its leg. Seriously not nice, cut the line.

Never did fish that stretch again straight after a flood :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Caught a 12lb pike while feeder fishing, it went for a small roach I didn't know had taken my bait, and somehow got a wire trace it had snapped of someone tangled in the actual feeder cage.

Nothing quite tops a old boot though :rolleyes: , out a local canal on a 3m whip.

Edited by Slickfish

i was using a hair rigged bit of sweetcorn and got a bite so started reeling. when the fish reached the landing net i noticed that i hadnt actually hooked it but it had just held on to the sweetcorn. it was a nice looking roach aswell. as soon as it was in the net it spat the bait out and jumped out the net back into the water :)

m Bi-winning" Charlie Sheen

All,

May I also say, few have mentioned the non-fish species that have been caught. Nothing quite like a Canada goose on light tackle. You have no choice but to use a "long release" on otters.

Predators are quite common on empty hooks - hardly strange really.

Phone

Hi David.

I want to say that it was not a strange catch. Our family cought a lot of Pike using maggot from middle of Septemper till beginning of November every year. Those fishining days are most favourite days of my mother. She can catch many serious fishes as she calls Pike.