Guest scoobs11

Guest phil dean

Nigel, I'm at work thanks for the offer though mate,

If there's any chance of dropping it through the door it's 44

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest phil dean

Thanks for the article nigel, we had a great time, though I left early having suffered a spectacular blank, and went to the river wear to get some chub.

Thanks scoobs for organising it, that 3lb carp was lovely (sorry meant 13 biggrin.gif)

Tackle Tart David Moir (Rat Man biggrin.gif)showed us all up with his "fox" everything, shame about the two that got away.

Dave did a great Barbie, and caught two crucians from a lake which, I honestly believe, only held two crucians.

I hope those who fished through Sunday had more success, but thanks for the invite, I had a brilliant time. biggrin.gif

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

[This message has been edited by phil dean (edited 06 August 2001).]

Guest David Moir

Dear All

Just to re-iterate Phil's comments, a big thankyou to Scoobs for organising the weekend.

As Phil mentioned, there was a rat that visited my tent on several occasions, and being the brave sort, I let him get on with it and went off stalking. He became quite partial to the Salmon, caviar and black pepper boilies Dave kindly provided us with. (Thanks for them Dave, and apologies for not thanking you earlier).

It was really amazing how the mirror Scoobs caught seemed to magically grow in relation to the amount of beer we consumed later on in the evening :~)

I lost another fish on the Sunday, and the wind really picked up making things rather difficult. Scoobs and I left a little earlier than planned (Around 4:00) as there were no fish showing.

To sum it all up, I had a great time, a good bit of banter, and if you accept the place for what it is (a carp only lake) and don't expect anything else from it then it is a fairly reasonably priced weekends fishing / camping. I will probably be taking the kids before the end of the summer holidays.

PS. Phil - I may be a tackle tart but at least I didn't bring a 10 foot TV aerial unlike one bloke on the lake (and before you say it - only becasue Fox don't make them yet)!!

ATB

David Moir

Newcastle upon Tyne

Guest scoobs11

glad you enjoyed it just sorry i was the only one that caught a LARGE carp lol.

so basically thanks everyone for coming i had a brill time.

ps the wifes still talking to me after going fishing on our 10th wed aniv

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

Guest scoobs11

a special thanks to david platt for being both food provider extraudinair + chef.

phil you never mentioned wether you actually caught any chub on sunday or did you blank there as well haha

i promise IF i ever organise another fish in i'll fish the place first .

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

Guest david platt

Hi Scoobs,Phil,David

Thanks scoobs for sorting the weekend for us

had a goodtime, good company, Good lager

good food pity some of the others didnt turn up, but never mind eh,just one thing, Nobody

told me it was going to be fancy dress, Eh Phil,LOLROLROL

Hope to see you all again soon

david

Guest dunblanemike

I was the last person to leave the northern fish-in (I was also the last to arrive!) and can report that the fish REALLY came on the feed after the rest of you left...... oh, and then I woke up. I did not get a bite all day and no other fish were caught round the lake by the boilie brigade - one guy had 7 rods out! so you did not miss much.

Family matters meant that I did not have much bait when I arrived but Dave Platt (the great provider judging by earlier emails) gave me various things to try, thanks Dave. Err, did you catch anything else on Sunday from the general pool?

Thanks too to Scoobs for getting it together - I only wish I was there to see the spodder in action!!

when's the next one? a river perhaps?

cheers

Mike

Guest phil dean

Three huge dace, 0,5 oz each...no chub, but boy when that float went under was I relieved.

Dave, my fish in's gonna be a rocky horror show spectacular, thigh waiders and all. biggrin.gif

Guys, I had a great time. Thanks again

phil

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY