Disabled Anglers.

Guest Peter Waller

Guest Peter Waller

Blatent plug for a friend. Her husband suffered a stroke & is now restricted to a wheelchair. Being in that position started the ball rolling. They have holiday accomodation on the Broads, some of which has now been especially adapted for disabled anglers. Try www.silverbirchesholidays.co.uk

The stroke was a tragedy but something good has come out of it.

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 04 June 2001).]

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Peter Waller:

Hi Peter, I can not offer anything to this lady or her husband, all I can do is bring it to the top of the list so that others can do the same.

I have seen so much suffering in my life and if the same fate is laying in wait for me, then I just pray that I am able to hang a hook in the water and have a wife that puts the worm on for me.

I hope that after 24 hours someone else bumps your topic to the top.

Good luck to your friend and his wife.

Alan(nl)

Guest Keith
Originally posted by Peter Waller:

Try www.silverbirchesholidays.co.uk.  

The stroke was a tragedy but something good has come out of it.[/b]

Brilliant.

I'll put a link to their site on mine (www.wacac.co.uk) and I'll stick a posting on the Internet Angling Club list - let's get the word spread!

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by Keith:

Brilliant.

!

Nice one Kieth, come on you lot where are you when you are needed? Lets see what the power of AN can do to help. PLEASE

frown.gifsmile.gif

Alan(nl)

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Peter

One slight problem, the link doesn't appear to work!! I think the problem may be you have an additional . after uk in the address you have used.

Nick

Guest Keith
Originally posted by NickInTheNorth:

Hi Peter

One slight problem, the link doesn't appear to work!! I think the problem may be you have an additional . after uk in the address you have used.

Nick

Well spotted, Nick - I hadn't noticed the cause of the problem.

Now I'll stick a link to it on my site!

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited 04 June 2001).]

Guest Peter Waller

Thanks for the replies and tghe advice. I put this lady onto Anglers Link via AN so its worked well all round. And if it will help a disabled person have a good holiday then great! Yep, deleted the . after uk, success! All links much appreciated, thanks.

Guest Keith
Originally posted by Alan Taylor:

Nice one Keith, come on you lot where are you when you are needed? Lets see what the power of AN can do to help.

Oh, I've GOT to do this sort of thing.

Y'see, I know Terry Moseley (the founder of Angling Link/British Disabled Angler's Association) and it would be more than my life's worth not to!! wink.gif

------------------

Yours,

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

http://www.wacac.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited 05 June 2001).]