plants are getting eaten

Andy_1984

i bought some new plants a few days ago, a tall grass like plant about 7-10 inches, it is now a 1 inch stump!!!

there's bright green poop all over the place <_< they have been very active over the past few days eating the plants and creating a lot of waste, more so than they usually do.

theres been no change to their feeding regime. a finger tip lightly dusted with crushed flakes in the morning and a decent pinch at dinner time. on occasion (once every 1 or 2 weeks) they get a few maggots or 2mm pellets.

they always seemed satisfied with this.

anyone know whats going on with them ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

anyone know whats going on with them ?
Who is "they" and "them"?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 3 weeks later...

supplementing their diet mate......that's all.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

well i know for sure i wont be getting that grass again. i cant remember what its called though but what ever it was they totally destroyed once it was gone they stopped eating the plants the rest of the plants. must have turned them right on to the rest of the plants.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Vallisneria (Vallis) by any chance?

Try Dwarf Amazon Swordplants, tougher leaved and a similar, although shorter effect. Echinodorus Tenellus (sp. working from memory) I think. They create a really nice grass like effect and can spread like wildfire once established.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

• 7 months later...