Seen in The Daily Express today

Guest Simon Newbould

Guest waterman1013

I just sent this to dot@channel4.co.uk

"So you remove a thread because why? It offends the C4 webmaster? Or you find you can no longer defend a brainless presenter who does not even know what PETA stands for or is it just too embarrassing to C4 to find they are paying a presenter of a pets programme who is totally opposed, by her membership of and support for PETA, to the keeping of pets?

I thought C4 considered freedom of speech to be important, but no longer apparently. The ITC might be interested in your pulling the comments page on this thread. We'll have to see.

Three million anglers will certainly be interested. Oh and don't forget the Scouts.

waterman1013"

I thought freedom of speech was basic to the the trust the British public put in their TV stations. It seems the C4 do not. The thread has been pulled for no good reason. If I get a response I'll post it here. Don't hold your breath. frown.gif

Mike

Guest euan pink

currently six threads on there about it.

not many is it?

come on people if everybody starts about two per day they should get the message! cool.gif

Guest jimbo

i used 2 b a scout a couple of years ago and if wot i am hearing is true i am ashamed to of been a scout if this is wot they get up 2 now.

Guest euan pink

jimbo i think you have somehow missed the point of this thread?

the scouts have done nothing wrong it is wendy turner who is the problem

cool.gif

Guest phil hackett
Originally posted by Simon Newbould:

Ok guy's.... I really don't think the C4 forum thing is gonna go anywhere unfortunately....

I'm going to email her management company @ http://www.nci-management.fsnet.co.uk  when I've managed to get some words sorted out...

Any of you more eloquent member care to join me?

Simon

C4 runs a right of reply programme, don't know the e-mail address though.

As they keep pulling threads for no good reason perhaps we should give that site a battering.

Suggested posting:

Sir we demand the right to know why your webmaster keeps removing legitimate threads from you site in regards to questioning the misguided and misinformed ethics and beliefs of one of your presenters (Wendy Turner Pet Rescue).

Guest phil hackett
Originally posted by phil hackett:
Originally posted by Simon Newbould:

Ok guy's.... I really don't think the C4 forum thing is gonna go anywhere unfortunately....

I'm going to email her management company @ http://www.nci-management.fsnet.co.uk  when I've managed to get some words sorted out...

Any of you more eloquent member care to join me?

Simon

C4 runs a right of reply programme, don't know the e-mail address though.

As they keep pulling threads for no good reason perhaps we should give that site a battering.

Suggested posting:

Sir we demand the right to know why your webmaster keeps removing legitimate threads from you site in regards to questioning the misguided and misinformed ethics and beliefs of one of your presenters (Wendy Turner Pet Rescue).

I've just checked the C4 site and the've dropped the Right of Reply programme. From the postings people are not very happy about that either!!

Phil

[This message has been edited by phil hackett (edited 02 May 2001).]

Guest Elton
Originally posted by StuartR:

I'm a bit disappointed that none of the other Angling web sites have picked this up.

They will do. I emailed over 800 of them with the details yesterday wink.gif

Tight lines,

Elton

Guest StuartR

Well done Elton, now if just half a dozen people from each site contacts Channel 4, the Express and Wendy Turners agents they will think twice about it next time.

Guest Paulg

The Channel 4 forum has currently a number of items relating to this issue. So far no official response from the station itself, is anyone getting any decent replies about this ? Has anyone tried any of the other papers to see if they have a similar report to the one in the Express ?