Almost a century old.....

Tigger

When I saw the title of the thread I thought you meant me! :lol::lol::lol:

I have still got just over 22 years to go, but I also own an Allcock's Aerial, and give it a whirl now and then.

A nice day's catch.

Arrrgh....your still a young pup then Dave :D;)

Another fantastic session Ian well done. Love the reel too, I'd be tempted if one in that condition came up for sale.

Just goes to show how you can improvise if you need to. Had you started out with the intention of fishing a static bait you probably would've taken a seat, rod rests, hair rigs and a load of other stuff you didn't really need to take.

A brolly would have been nice or even a lightweight waterproof jacket, maybe even an unhooking mat to sit on (not for the fish mind :D ).

The reel is in very good nick Chris and I did enjoy using it. I class that as my first outing with it although I have used it on the local small stream just to see how line peeled off the drum in low tow when I first got it catching a few small dace and chub etc.....peeled off great :D. I think with your taste for cp's you'd be in your element with one so if you see a decent one scoop it up.

i've a space in my centrepin line up waiting for just such a pre-ww2 12 spoke ventilated aerial ,it'd be may/june before i have the funds though .nice days fishing is that mate ,i think your reel passed the test and is a keeper .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

What a day Tigger, well done! Good to know that the rivers in your part of the country are in good health and the fish are prospering.

N

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

What a day Tigger, well done! Good to know that the rivers in your part of the country are in good health and the fish are prospering.

N

Yeah, thank's Nicolas, it was a good session, I forgot to mention the two minnos and a quite large dace LOL. At the moment it seems like the rivers I fish are doing okay fish wise. Only trouble is when things start to look good your constantly twitching incase there's some kind of pollution incident on the cards ready to spoil everything !

Edited by Tigger