Where did the water go?

Leon Roskilly

beside's sea levels have falling the last couple of years
How do you know that?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am mean to take the word of someone who's first sentence is a logical fallacy? WTF is "Steven Goddard" anyway? I looked to see if I could see a bio or a CV but didn't find one.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

So I am mean to take the word of someone who's first sentence is a logical fallacy? WTF is "Steven Goddard" anyway? I looked to see if I could see a bio or a CV but didn't find one.

as far as i can tell he's he person, do they have to have a bio or cv

and you're academic, you tell me if he's right in what he's posted (graph wise) :rolleyes:

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

as far as i can tell he's he person, do they have to have a bio or cv

and you're academic, you tell me if he's right in what he's posted (graph wise) :rolleyes:

If anyone expects ME to take anything they say about climate change seriously then knowing what their credentials are would be a valuable first step. Just because he's a person does not make him any kind of authority on climate change.

You assume that I am some kind of academic, I'm not and I can't tell if his graph is 'right' or not because I don't have the data that the graph was plotted from but I am more inclined to accept the word of the CLS than some random blogger, especially when his blog posts are full of logical fallacies. The first sentence is an ad hominen.

Thanks for the link though, I did have a chuckle after reading this comment.

Leaving aside that heat doesn’t sink, if it could the heat would make the ocean level rise because warming water expands. But that isn’t happening. So Kevin Trenberth is wrong.
This comment obviously posted by someone who has no idea what a heat sink or a heat source is.

"Real Science" but unfortunately not from a real scientist.

Edited by corydoras

not back to gores non existant hocky stick again :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

not back to gores non existant hocky stick again :rolleyes:
Did you read any of the stuff on the link? Whether you accept the theory or not, it's a bit of a giggle.

So you are just an ordinary Joe Public,no academic/scientific background.

ohmy.gif i'l have you know cory knows about everything almost as much as i know nothing about anything

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

So you are just an ordinary Joe Public,no academic/scientific background.
Depends what you mean by 'ordinary Joe Public'. I'm an IT guy with a passion for all things technical scientific. Science is my big hobby after fishing. I am a keen amateur astronomer (there are quite a few on here) and also have a interest in for biology and evolutionary developmentology (evo-devo), but alas I have no formal scientific qualifications.