Wingham Fish-In 12th/13th June - bookings now being taken

Steve Burke

Steve Burke:

Leon, as only 9 Forum members have booked they'll be plenty of room for you to sneak in and you'll be very welcome - that is if you don't tell the weather gods you're coming!

If I happen to be in the area, I might pop in

BUT I'LL PROBABLY BE MILES AWAY, DOWN IN CORNWALL WITH NO UMBRELLA!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from another trip to Wingham and, like last week, caught a personal best bream, this time 15-02!

This is only the second time for years I've kept my rods out all night and the second time I've landed a big bream that I wouldn't normally had caught! It came at 1.45a.m. in the pouring rain, but was worth it!

Once again it came from the margins, but in a different swim, as the conditions had changed. Bait was dendrabena and maggot cocktail, with a different Archie Braddock flavouring to last time.

I also had a 2-07 perch plus a tench for good measure, all on the same rod and same bait, but these came during the day.

BTW, still no more bookings, and only 8 days to go!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Leave some Bream for us! I'm surprised there is so few of us that have booked.

Do the fish at wingham respond to ground bait? can be heavy stuff to carry so will ask first!

Also does fishing over pellet work?

Darren

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Wingham is so little fished that there's not much to go on. I can't recall pellets being used much if at all. I certainly can't recall any good catches on them.

Bear in mind that, as it's just one weekend once a year, you can't pre-bait for the Fish-ins. I'd therefore suggest you start with proven baits such as corn, maggots and, especially, worms. You never though, pellets might just turn out to be a winner, even if the fish haven't ever seen them!

I haven't come to any conclusions yet about groundbait, although it certainly seems to attract the tench. I've only fished for the bream on the last 2 sessions. This week the rod that produced the bream was fishing the margins, and so I just loose fed, albeit pretty heavilly.

[ 05. June 2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I'd like to get down there but i'll be driving back up from Exmouth on friday night. Maybe try and get down on the sunday morning if that's ok.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Great, Ant. If you send me an e-mail I'll add you to the list.

i wont be there this year steve i got to much work on. But i cant understand why only 9 people have signed up? This placeis a little ok big bit of magical fishing.

Oh by the way i went last year and took loads of baits and caught erm nothing but then i was " green" to this water. pellets did not even get a sniff.

Visit our NEW FISHING Website (now updatedANGLERS-TALES

i live near Folkestone which is only a few miles away from Wingham, and would love to give it a go as i really struggle to find anywhere locally that is worth fishing, but im working that weekend and am not allowed any time off! life sure sucks sometimes......