What is the best fish youve ever caught? ( no lieing!)

tim d

Whats the best fish youve ever caught?

no nessaraly the biggest the one which fought hardest had a good story etc

mine would be a 11lb mirror i caught two foot from the bank on freelined sweetcorn, i had been stalking it quitly for about an hour and it was made better by the baliff who was wathing looking at me as if i was a retard and shaking his head saying youll catch nothing there!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best (and certainly most memorable) fish was a 5 1/2lb tench. It was one of the first tench I caught and was the biggest one by far when I was first starting out. I bought myself my first 'proper' rod with birthday money, went to a local lake on a misty but warm autumn evening and set about really trying to fish, rather than sit back and see what happens. It's still the biggest fish i've caught but was in such pristine condition that i've been fascinated by tench ever since.

Fond memories...

(Putting aside the 162 lber I had a couple of weeks or so back) almost every mullet I hook into takes my breath away.

Somehow it's impossible to hold the memory of just how hard they go, between each fish.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

A Chub of around 3 1/2lbs stalked on the River Teme about 20 years ago utilising a piece of twig as a float as it wouldn't take my bait under a 'proper' one. I still have that piece of twig as a keepsake. Sad but true...

Paul

My first decent carp when I was 14. I was fishing on the pole nearly under my feet with hotdog meat overdepth with a dibber float.

It took me ages to land it as i was using an 8 elastic. This bloke helped me a bit and weighed it it weighed in at 5lbs. Not the biggest fish ive had but the most memorable.

Over the years I have been lucky enough to catch many memorable (memorable to me that is!)fish.Also to witness my friends catching some truley memorable fish too.As the origonal poster said size is imaterial.It is the myriad of things surrounding the capture that make it memorable.The truely memorable captures stay with you forever the enjoyment lasting forever and not just for the moment.This to me is one of anglings greatest gifts.My all time tops still gets me excited and trembling whenever I recount the story to friends or customers!No matter how many times I tell it! Most likely bores every one else silly!!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!