'Popping' Seed Cases

Paul_D

That Balsam is all over Irish rivers too. Places where giant hog weed used to be is where we see it now. It can grow quite dense but at least it does not burn the skin off you. The popping seed heads must be sight - but I have yet to witness it.

On the bulls, you can have mature bulls share a field so ong as they don't have a reason to fight...

what could that be you ask...

lady cows, what else?

Paul_D:

Kev tells me that you don't have to worry about the brown ones, it's the black or black and white ones that are trouble...

I certainly wouldn't go along with that premise.

An Aberdeen Angus bull is usually quite placid if he is used to being handled. However a Jersey bull can be mean and fast

It's good advice not to enter fields with bulls unless you really have to. Also avoid young cattle if you have a dog with you. Cattle seem to be just fascinated with dogs and you are likely to get mobbed. This has happened to me and the best thing to do is let go of the lead and let the dog look after himself.

Cheers Scapa.