Which camo gear? Is it worth having?

Peter Waller

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking news on the cammo front..

Daiwa have just announced a tree suit!

it comprises of a large tube of stiff material, with a bark texture. there are 2 off shoots where the hands go, and even a little hole for ... well, ill let you guess.

aparently, you will catch 30lb+ carp with it! (walking is a bit of a problem tho!)

available at all local stockist, quote ref AR5E P1P3

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand

BUDGIE:

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some disruptive patterned real tree tribal underpants? I am sure that my fishing is suffering without them. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Perhaps you weren't around when Newt sourced camo everything for us. From bog paper to condoms! Yes, even condoms, and thongs!

I think as long as you don't wear bright white or something glaringly obvious, you are alright. I wear black or dark blue most of the time and I fish round the margins in gin clear water. The fish I've caught didn't ask why I don't have the best Fox camo gear on.

P.A.A.S.gif

[ 11. September 2003, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Andy Macfarlane ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Rather than worry about clothing, here's a solution you might consider.

If the water is near fields and they ever cut hay, here is just the ticket.

blinds1.jpg

Or if the fish are accustomed to large birds near the lake

blinds2.jpg

If you are one of those anglers who simply has to have more room and a place to store your comforts

blinds3.jpg

And a lightweight, folding version for stalking

blinds-stalking.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Reading all the postings on this thread, can soneone please tell me what the difference is, then, between camouflage and DPM as it seems that some peeps clearly think that they are not one and the same

DG

[ 11. September 2003, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Before turning more to specimen hunting Jan Porter was a very sucsessfull match angler.He became so well known for wearing bright red fishing outfits that he was known as the "man in red" What do you make of that then.The DPM/Camouflage point was clarified earlier in this thread.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

quote:

as it seems that some peeps clearly think that they are not one and the same

DG [/QB]

Ok, the DPM is disruptive, it attempts to break up the noticable bulk of the of the human form, rather than mimic the background.

when a soldier wears the clothing, it is suplemented with natural vegitation to break up the silloute or outline of the body. so, with the outline sorted with twigs n stuff, and the inner body is broken up with the random pattern of the DPM all you have to do then is sort out any shine, and sit in a tree and make like a luttice.

These jackets which mimic the surroundings, attempt to make the body look like the surroundings like a tiger, however, the latter is less effective over a changing range of rear cover.

then again do you want to sit there with twigs hanging off you?

Not that an angler would do that, but you get my drift.

A bird in the bush is worth two in the hand