Artificial grass carpet

Andy_1984

im still not settled on how i want my tank to look but im liking some other peoples tanks with dwarf hair grass trimmed quite short to make a lovely looking dence lawn. ive looked in to real dwarf hair grass and it seems like to much to get it going seeing as my fish like to eat plants so it would probably never get a chance to grow and spread.

this is pretty much the look im trying to pull off, eventually.

266.jpg

hopefully there is a fake grass like this but ive been unable to find it any i have found look nasty, fake and far far too bright.

i would have a natural or near natural looking artifical log hide in the middle.

the dence plants on the left would probably be planted in such a way the fish can get in behind it.

anyone any thoughts ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy,

The tank in the picture, is that artifical grass? No way!

If you even get close it will be an accomplishment. That is a dandy looking tank.

Phone

(Can't say as I've seen any artifical that would even come close over here, but then I'm not a "tank" guy either. Just a looker.)

its a brilliant tank isnt it but no its not fake grass unfortunately. look on google images for "zen aquarium" i love the look of some of these.

i know what your saying though ill never get it to look like that without real grass but something that would need a second guess to tell if it was fake or not would be perfect. some of the fake grass ive found are quite noticeably kids aquarium fake grass

Edited by Andy_1984

• 2 years later...

Artificial Grass Carpet is mostly used in Kids Bedroom Carpet or as a bedroom carpet which is durable and made up of artificial fibers. Synthetic or plastic grass provides a cushion-like area that is safe for your children and animals as well. It is a lead free product and not encourages viruses and other insects. it lasts for long time without much servicing.

Cant you just use like astro ture grass you can get some that look pretty damn good to be honest , but if you were to carpet your tank in the real thing im guessing you will have to get some kind of aquarium silt? and hows the fish andy? ive added two orf and two dace my tanks getting there now looking like a river just need a couple of beer cans and rubbish in there and done lol

not quite the grass i was meaning, have a look on google images for Zen aquariums. im past this now to be honest as ive got more of those exo terra jungle plants.

fish coming on great, got another case of nematodes though but caught it early this time im sure.